random candids.

Alexandra

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I just felt like posting something, so here go two old shots from a market.

candid1.jpg

and i don't like this one cause it's out of focus cause i made a quick move when i realized the guy was looking at me. oh well. he haven't sued me yet so i'm ok with it. :meh:
IMGP0099.jpg

Oh, you are sooo brave!
I took pics in a supermarket the other day, but not of other people... Though, hang on, I have some of people, but you only see their backs. I did not dare take out the camera and let them SEE I was taking their photo, either!!!!!! ;)

well done alexandra, two good shots. It's sometimes worth being brave to get a shot and i'v had some dodgy looks in my time! good B+Ws :)

thanks guys! :D
Actually, i was about ten feet away from the lady and the guy was within the reach on my arm...
i gotta say i got sorta scared when i saw him looking at me. I'm at ease with taking pics of strangers, the only thing is that i'd probs run away if they decided to talk it through... but since it never happened... :twisted:

Get a rangefinder, that you can shoot film at 800+ iso and get no blurs :) I like the first one, the B&W is nice, the second is funny. Just be brave, even if someone is looking at you, just take the picture, it looks worse on your part if you try to quickly hide the camera and leave quickly if they look at you

hmyeah, i've been thinking about a rangefinder lately... are there any on ebay? or did you already buy'em all off, lol?

Actually i did my best to stand still on the second shot... usually people tend to think i'm not really shooting them... I tried not looking at the guy but after, i faked taking some abstracts of the trash can just to complete the impression i don't care about him, lol...

haha, can we see the trashcan pics? Please :)

Rangefinders are nice, you could get a yashica which are dirt cheap, for a little more cost but still under $100 a canon canonent, or you could be really cool and get a russian one.

since you insist, i'll get them on here tomorrow... i'm too lazy now.

oh well, russian cams... one more or one less... gotta bring out my long-dead russian pride...

and btw, i got told just recently that zorkis are actually russian remakes of leicas... wait, you probably already knew, i'm silly. but still, that's surprising.

Most reactions

Back