Random photos please c&c

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by classicsrtheway2go, Nov 18, 2009.

1. classicsrtheway2go

classicsrtheway2go TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Tell me what you think about my photos. :D

1.[​IMG]

2.[​IMG]

3.[​IMG]

2. justashot

justashot TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    all seem out of focus

3. TJ K

TJ K No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Mostly out of focus and they more or less seem like snapshots. GL
    tj

4. Inst!nct

Inst!nct TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Yea, they seem WAYY out of focus, interesting, when i looked at the EXIF data, the last one seemed to been have taken at 1/30 seconds, which i dont understand since its bright daylight, can you hit me up with why that is? Also, for the second picture, thats just out of focus, also try to follow the rule of thirds, that is crucial. And i would try to make sure youre taking your pictures in focus. As you can tell with the second picture, the grass in the back is actually pretty sharp, so i think thats just a focusing problem, maybe you have manual focus on and not realizing it?

Ok, so quick overview of how and what the settings on the camera mean.

Av is aperture priority, aperture is the size of how big the lens open to let in light, with a small diameter open in the lens, the aperture will be high, like f / 32, with a big diameter, the aperture will be low, around f / 5. When shooting in low numbers, only the foreground or the part you took the picture will be in focus, as demonstrated in your second picture, as you can tell, the grass behind the duck or wtv is sharp, yet your subject is not, this is because you had an aperture of about f /4 i belive your EXIF data said, and you focused your camera past where you actually wanted to take the picture of, so if you dont want to worry too much about focusing, shoot in f / 32, that is if light permits, because with smaller diameters, comes less light, which means longer time for your camera to take the picture.

Shutter speed is how fast your camera takes the picture, a general guideline is you want to take photos about 1/200th of a second, or else any lower (For example 1/30th as your third picture was taken) will be prone to shakyness from the operator (you) and result in an un-sharp picture.

ISO (not my strongest subject so ill explain it simply ;)) is how much light your sensor captures, with a high iso of about 1600, lots of light is captured, yet your pictures come out with a grainy effect, kind of if someone sprayed sand on your photos. With a lower ISO, around 100, less light is captured, but none to minimal grain. Try to stick to low ISO's, dont change it unless absolutely necessary.

So try to not shoot in automatic, shoot in either Av (aperture priority) or Tv (shutter priority), you can change the amount of either by the scroll wheel on your camera next to the shutter button.

Hope it helped :)

Last edited: Nov 18, 2009
  5. Bitter Jeweler

Bitter Jeweler Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    What do YOU think of your photos?

6. classicsrtheway2go

classicsrtheway2go TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I think they are pretty good they could of been taken better. But im going to keep working at it.