Random pics, C&C?

Boutte

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
BelleChasse La. (About ten miles south of New Orle
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just bought a new Tamron 28-270. Huge improvement over the Sigma I wish I hadn't bought. Anyway what do you think?
IMG_4703.jpg

IMG_4591b.jpg

IMG_4632-1.jpg

#1. I think even though you blurred the background it still really looks too busy. I'm ending up look at the tree to the left more then the flower b/c of the composition.

#2. Very nice Boutte

#3. I think this would've been better without the leaves

I agree with Camz on #1. The white tree is competing with the rose too much. I think the composition feels a little awkward too; it has a strange tension to it, that I don't think you intended (the way the rose is jutting out from the corner, the large out of focus tree, the high contrast of the image).

I like the colors in #2. THe white of the sky at the bottom feels too punchy to me. I might try tinting it a hair.

#3 is too contrasty for my taste. The lighting I think needs to be diffused a bit, the harsh noon day light without fill doesn't do many subjects justice. #1 could benefit from shooting under different weather conditions too.

But overall, I like your eye for nature and sense a deliberateness to your images. I really like the detail of the water droplets in #3. It adds an added tactile quality to the image.

#1 I agree also with the others have said

#2 I like the colors! That's what the sky really looked like?! Kind of freaky...

#3 Maybe re-compose a shot of the flower with the droplets? The leaf at the lower right is a tiny bit annoying lol.

#1 I agree also with the others have said

#2 I like the colors! That's what the sky really looked like?! Kind of freaky...
Yeah, that's why I ran inside and shot the pic from my back porch. Wish I had been in a better spot.

#3 Maybe re-compose a shot of the flower with the droplets? The leaf at the lower right is a tiny bit annoying lol.
That's what I thought when I saw the image on my computer. Live and learn.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back