Random Pics. Please C&C.

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by Ubizzle, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Ubizzle

Ubizzle TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hey guys, been hangin around here for a little bit, as i'm currently looking to learn from other peoples' work as well as trying to improve myself through practice.

I'm a complete amateur with my D40 and am slowly trying to improve my skills. Please tell me how i can improve my photos, because they're all a bit boring and i don't really know how to remedy that.

Feel free to edit :D

1.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4.[​IMG]

2. BTilson

BTilson TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I like #1 a lot, but I think a much tighter crop would help the image a lot by bringing the colorful main area of interest into closer view.

#2 has a cool zoom effect, but I think it is lost on the content. Just my opinion, but the effect and the colorful mushroom thing don't seem to complement each other too well.

#3 is a bit confusing to me. What is the subject of the photo? There seems to be some misty "stuff" in there. Is it a long exposure of some sprinklers maybe?

I think #4 would've been better with the fire more centered (not dead center however) and maybe a closer view.

All just my opinions, I am certainly a raw beginner myself!

3. tirediron

tirediron Watch the Birdy! Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Welcome to the forum. Nothing like asking the hard questions right out of the gate. Technically your images aren't bad, #1 is a little dark especially on the ground, #2 has a large blown patch toward the bottom, and the sky in #3 is blown as well. #4 is set a little too far to the right and under-exposed, but those things are minor, and easily fixed.

Telling someone how to make their pictures more interesting however; that's a tall order. #1 is quite interesting, and #2 tells me that you actually have quite a creative eye. #3 and 4 are rather well... unexciting.

I would suggest finding one or two subjects that interest you, aeroplanes, landscapes, whatever, and workinng on those to begin with. I assume you're in Europe/UK somewhere? Lots of interesting buildings and scenery there ripe for photography.

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.

~John

4. Ubizzle

Ubizzle TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    #1 - I found the picture on my photobucket, but the full-res version's on my laptop, so if i can find it i'll post later on.

#2 - Fair enough... Not much interesting to take a picture of, so i tried to create something interesting, and i personally quite liked it, but fair enough.

#3 - A climbing frame was being built so people were rushin around doing stuff, so i just took a pic of them. Very random, and well, not that great.

#4 - I do have a fair few pics of the fire, but didn't know if any of them were that great, so i just posted one of them.

I've got my driving test tomorrow, so hopefully i'll pass, and can carry my D40 around everywhere with me, and go around taking pictures of anything i find interesting... Also, yeah, i'm in London.

#1 was definitely my favourite and as you said he large blown patch in #2 is frustrating, but i don't know what to do to the picture.

The other two, i quite liked, but i know they aren't special.

Thanks though, both of ya. Hopefully i'll have more pics to show you two soon.