Random Pixs.. See Watcha Think!!

Discussion in 'Nature & Wildlife' started by yankeefan, Jun 5, 2008.

1. yankeefan

yankeefan TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
  2. anubis404

anubis404 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Three is the only one I like. One and four look washed out and overexposed, and number two looks out of focus.

3. tirediron

tirediron Watch the Birdy! Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    1. It is a little over-exposed in spots, but nothing that couldn't be corrected in post (tweak the levels and brightness to even things out a little and get rid of the highlights), and maybe a crop to get rid of the worst of the flash-burn on the branch. The focust doesn't seem too bad on my crappy work monitor; overall not a bad capture of a fairly difficult subject.
    2. Not much to say here. Given the conditions, there's little that can be done. To me this says 'Snapshot'.
    3. As per #2, however an off-camera flash with a diffuser might have evened up the light a little.
    4. Looks soft to me, I suspect the camera may have focused on the wall behind rather than the bird.
    In general, good attempts, but IMHO, part of being a photographer is knowing when photographs are worth taking. Given the conditions you had in the zoo/animal-park, I don't believe photographs were worth trying. Snapshots sure, but without a lot of special equipment, and permission to go places the public isn't normally allowed, you're not likely to get photographs there.
    All that aside, keep going!
    ~John