Random pj pics (1st time poster)

lscottpht

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
OK, with a little nudging from Cindy, aka Elsaspet, I decided to put some of my pics up. So, here are some from Hurricanes Rita and Katrina, protestors from KKK rally, Cindy Sheehan protest, and one from a vodou ceremony in Haiti, as well a rebel, various people and the UN in Haiti. Be kind, it's my first post. I pulled them from pbase, so hope the quality turns out ok.

31595783.jpg

31595844.jpg

39125796.jpg

39093947.jpg

49270239.jpg

48134994.jpg

47670468.jpg

42284702.jpg

44848290.jpg

49617195.jpg

49617171.jpg

50712165.jpg

Welcome to tpf!!

Nice series!!! #3 and 4 are my favourites! Look forward to seeing more!

All of them are awesome...so much emotion. Welcome to TPF... :thumbup:

First rate stuff. :thumbup: Glad to see you popping back in here, Leslie.

Anytime! :D

Ok, you simply rock A$$, but you already know that.

For you that don't already know her, Leslie was my mentor. She saw something in me, most likely in my personality than my photos.
At any rate, I couldn't have a better mentor, obviously.
Leslie's photos just are the stuff. It's the stuff we all strive for. Leslie' photos have been featured all over the planet. Once you see them, you know instantly why.

Tonight I talked her into coming here. She was nervous. Who knows why!

Leslie is my best friend in the whole world. Not only is she a premiere photojournalist, she's a rocking best friend. She's not into competition, as if I could ever compete. She just wants me to be the best I can be.
Hats off to my best friend in the world. She is more serious than any photojournalist in the fact that she does this to help others. Always. She will give away her work if it's for a good cause, and she is world class.
I'm honored to call her a friend, and I'm double honored to call her my teacher. Don't blame her for my shortcomings. She is patient and kind. When I spoke of my friend who helped me into the biz, she was it. She's a wonderful person, as well as a great photog. I love her. She is a sister to me.

Thanks so much everyone! Sheldon, glad to see you posted your brilliant work! (Oh, and I'll pay you later...thanks for the post!). Cindy, OMG, what a great post!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! You were easy to be a mentor for because you caught on so quickly! I don't even think that I taught you anything, you are a natural!!!! And, the best friend anyone could have!!! (you and Sheldon). Love ya girl!

Wouldn't you want to consider dividing these pics into several threads, each following their theme, and give us a bit of story with each theme?
I think that would do your absolutely brilliant PJ work more justice!!!
And it deserves to be seen, read and enjoyed in small quantities, else the impact is so great... it either become unbearable or gets lost. The latter would be such a pity!

Oh, and, hey, sorry, this it was rude of me... I forgot to start this by saying:
Welcome to ThePhotoForum, Leslie! :D

LaFoto said:
Wouldn't you want to consider dividing these pics into several threads, each following their theme, and give us a bit of story with each theme?
I think that would do your absolutely brilliant PJ work more justice!!!
And it deserves to be seen, read and enjoyed in small quantities, else the impact is so great... it either become unbearable or gets lost. The latter would be such a pity!

Oh, and, hey, sorry, this it was rude of me... I forgot to start this by saying:
Welcome to ThePhotoForum, Leslie! :D

I agree Leslie,
Your work is so full of emotion that bits and pieces dont' give it the justice they deserve.
I know it's alot of work, but please (You and Sheldon) make new threads on stuff like Haiti and Crawford and the like. There are alot of people here, from all over the globe, that would love to see your work and what you tried to teach me. They want to learn too, from the best.
Again, you are the greatest photog I've ever met, and I'm so honored to be your pupil.
Much Love as Always,
Cindy

PS- I' ve never seen that first shot. That is wickedly brilliant. I love it. Where is that from?

Cindy, you are the sweetest! I WISH I was that good!! I might post some more in groups and explain them, but I just didn't want to bore anyone! And, you are way beyond pupil now! Your work holds up to the best of them!

Most reactions

Back