Random Question.

Markw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.outsidetherainbow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just out of curiosity, does Ritz Camera and Circuit City usually have close to christmas sales? If so when are they usually each year (month etc.). I ask because I want to get the Nikon D40, but if they come along with a good sale on the cameras I would like to get the D60 bundle they offer. If I can save some money for the same quality, Ill be sure to do so.

Thanks.
Mark

Hey Mark,

Not sure about x-mass sales but I know when I bought my D40 in th eend of may this year, ritz was unbeatable.

I did well with my package:
D40kit with 18-55 499.99

then added the 55-200vr 149.00 (was 249.99 but part of a bundle sale they knock 100 off)

Came with a nice bag large enough room for my camera package and my spare p&S 69.99 value- free

2 dvds from nikon which were a help 40.00 value-free

digital x tra package which was Free photo book, Free Big-E cd, Free 20 Prints, The Ritz Universty Camera Class 18 class package, ritz auto imaging software, & a pack of ink jet 4x6 photo paper. 350.00 value they claim-free

A epson cx7400 all in one printer which was 70$ upfront with a 70$ mail in rebate so free in the end..( I SKIPPED ON THE PRINTER)

I then ADDED to that with

Sandisk 2gig ext III card 39.99 (GOT RIPPED ON THIS BEST BUY HAD A GREAT SALE TWO WEEKS LATER ON 4G cards)
A tristar uv/cir pol filter kit 30.00

Walked away with all this for

$770.36

I felt I did ok I could be wrong but i couldn't find all that for that price elsewhere........

Last edited:
i dont really think the d60 is a big step up from the d40. i think its just more MPs and probably faster fps. but i dont really think its worth the upgrade, not that you wanted my opinion, im just trying to save you some money.

Mark,

I wanted to buy a Canon XT for Christmas and was planning on buying at Circuit City, but I ended up getting a much better deal at www.amazon.com

Because of the cost savings, I have bought most of my camera equipment at amazon or www.bhphotovideo.com, even though I would prefer to buy from my local Circuit City.

So, if you don't mind waiting a few days to get you equipment you may want to check out those sights.

RTX

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
RTXPIX: I was highly considering amazon but with them you cant get any kind of warrenty if im correct. Am I correct in saying that?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
STICKMAN: Ritz camera has thatr same deal for the D60 at the moment (or at least they did 2 days ago) but for more money of course. Im also pretty sure it comes with 18-55 and 50-200 lenses, both being VR.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

So now I guess the question is, is there a way to get a warrenty if I were to go through amazon? (And I have decided to go with the D40)

Mark

With Amazon you should get the manufacturers warranty but, not extended warranties. Unless they are selling gray market stuff then it is no warranty in the US.

They do have a 2 and 4 year extended plan that is said to cover it on the same page as the camera, but it has mixed reviews. Theres no way to get a warrenty through any major store even if you didnt buy it there?

Mark

Most reactions

New Topics

Back