Random Question

SoulfulRecover

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Bored at work and had a thought. If you took a photo using negative film of a frame from negative film, would the negative of the negative come out a positive?

Also, if I put color negative film into a B&W enlarger, would I be able to make B&W prints?

yeah. its that slow

Photo of a negative made on negative film will be reversed...into a postive.

Kodak used to make Panalure paper, which can differentiate the dye tones in color negatives, and make decent B&W images.

That's cool! I figured it would work but haven't ever heard of anyone doing it but then again, I don't think there is much of a reason to do it.

Interesting. Saw a nice enlarger for 25 bucks on CL but its out of state.

Saw a nice enlarger for 25 bucks on CL but its out of state.
They're all over. I basically gave mine away for free. Don't purchase the first POS you find, you can afford to be picky.

I'd heard of people printing and then using the print to contact print a negative image. They might have had special paper or just blasted through the print with the enlarger and a longer exposure.

Maybe this was just someone pulling my leg back in the darkroom at highschool ;)

what if you took a photo using negative film of a frame from negative film then held it up in front of a mirror? or a room full of mirrors?

pixmedic said:
what if you took a photo using negative film of a frame from negative film then held it up in front of a mirror? or a room full of mirrors?

While wearing full-on mishele-type scary clown makeup!

I thought two wrongs didn't make a right, but three do.

Reminds me that I have a roll of B&W positive film around here somewhere.

If I used slide film, mirrors, developed it with cafenol using my left hand.....and I was dyslexic............

I'd heard of people printing and then using the print to contact print a negative image. They might have had special paper or just blasted through the print with the enlarger and a longer exposure.

Not at all. I routinely use RC enlarging paper as the negative stock in my pinhole cameras. I then make a face-to-face sandwich of the developed negative with a fresh sheet of enlarging paper, press the two together with a heavy piece of plate glass to insure good contact [Sorry!] and expose under an enlarger through the back of the negative. Variable contrast paper and enlarger light color filtration helps with contrast.

Most reactions

Back