Random shots in Hawaii, critic please.

slipper

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hey folks, this is my first post here on the forum. it looks like theres lots of experience here. i would appreciate if you folks critic my pics. im a little new to photography so any tips on angles, colors, photohshop mods, etc would be greatly appreciated.

These pics below is from the Big Island of Hawaii. The old Kalapana village which was covered by a lava flow. The three pics will be placed in sequence next to each other.

Kalapanapalms1.jpg

Kalapanapalms2.jpg

Kalapanapalms3.jpg

Heres a random surfer i shot near my house.

sample11.jpg

Another shot near my home overlooking some palm trees and diamond head.

sample10.jpg

Some pics from Molokai

sample5.jpg

sample3.jpg

sample7.jpg

sample4.jpg

sample6.jpg

No im not gonna cry, constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated. im just looking to improve my photography skills. Thank you.

I really like the contrast photos - the green on the BW. KEWL!

The surfer is great action!

Weezy

I do like the pano picture! Although your watermarks are a bit distracting, but the whole photo is really great! lovely exposure

Guess you're hating living in Hawaii?
Simply stunning nature, captured by a great photographer.
.. The first sentence was ironical.

Hello,

First of all, welcome to TPF! :)

Ok, now, about the photos:
I really like the first three. Very visually appealing.

Very cool surfer picture.

The next one is a very relaxing photo.

The first picture of Molokai is very nice. That would make a really good wallpaper. The waterfall picture is really stuning also. Very cool Pano. For me, the palm trees picture is kinda boring. And the last one is also very good.

You could have made them a bit bigger to show more detail.

Nothing against you or Hawaii, but, it seems everytime someone puts pictures of Hawaii, on the net or some magazine, it is almost 90% of the time Sunny, Clear Skies, and Beaches. Dont you guys have some more tropical stuff, like, a picture of some plantations or some stormy weather?

Overall, some good stuff!

Thanks for the great input!

Mentos, yeah the pano is great but blown up there is a few jpg artifacts cause i used my point and shoot for that shot. i flew back to molokai an i tried retaking it and for that particular shot you need to stand of a very skinney rock wall. it was so windy i almost fell off the cliff!!

Foffen, i was born and raised here on Oahu and until recently ive only learn to appreciate Hawaiis beauty. Ive been working at a job which has me flying in and out of all the neightbor islands.

Sly, thanks for the idea on plantations, etc.

Pity about the huge watermarks.
Unlike Mentos, I do not find them only "a bit distracting", I find them HUGELY distracting.
On the border of really ruining some wonderful photos of a beautiful place in this world for me.
I really like the first three (the watermark is hardly visible in those, too)!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back