Random thought thread

photogoddess said:
OK - My turn for a rant.

Why do people listen without really hearing a word you say?

I sometimes do that to the old guy that I work with here in the office...but only when I first come in and I'm really tired and really grumpy! I usually feel bad for it, but I can't help it if I'm a morning grump!

Carmelo only gets less attention cos you cant see him behind Lebron :roll:

Goddess, I HATE when people do that. When you find out why they do it, lemme know, Ive been wondering for a long time.

hobbes28 said:
photogoddess said:
OK - My turn for a rant.

Human nature?

The answer is - they're NOT listening. They're pretending to. There is a difference between maintaining silence while someone else speaks and actually listening to another person. We're all guilty of the former, I fear, depending on our level of interest. THAT is human nature, too! :wink:

terri said:
hobbes28 said:
photogoddess said:
OK - My turn for a rant.

Human nature?

The answer is - they're NOT listening. They're pretending to. There is a difference between maintaining silence while someone else speaks and actually listening to another person. We're all guilty of the former, I fear, depending on our level of interest. THAT is human nature, too! :wink:

So maybe that should be our mission for tomorrow. Everyone should go out and LISTEN to at least three people.

Oh, and guess what??? I got it all set up withOUT my boyfriends help!!!! Or anyone else's for that matter. I'm pretty darn proud of my technology impaired self! :)

Most reactions

Back