Random Thoughts on the XE-1

Jpg out of camera with dr are good for both fuji and oly.

In comparing these two cameras, the OM-D also has a dynamic range feature, and yet the reviews of the out-of-camera JPEG files are less than stellar. Why is that?

That is probably because FUJI nails the white balance better. It is also has a very different colour rendition built upon years and years of research in their Astia, Velvia, Provia and other colour films. Olympus has very attractive colours as well, but some feel it is too digital.
FUJI colours is one of the reason why I have switched to this system. Some people hate them, others swear by them, but it is hard to argue that with decades of competition with Kodak FUJIFILM has developed a very special and, shall I say, intelligent approach to colours. They have managed to transfer it from film to digital, especially with later engines, like the one in XT-1 and their X-Trans sensor that is different from anything else on the market. When shooting Nikon I found myself often using Astia, Provia or Velvia plugins, and thought why do I use these derivatives if I can use the real thing?

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back