Randomosity: 50MM F/1.4 and 80-200MM

ANDS!

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Shots from Saturday. Just got 50MM F/1.4 and the 80-200MM. Loving both of them.

An old man at a gas station. I have no idea what he is staring at so intently. Possibly the friend I was with.

The friend. Sneaking a cigarette and doing her best "Dick Cheney" impression.

Lil Miss Maya at Capoiera.

Some runny nosed kid.

Dive bar. That F/1.4 shines.

Friday night with the 80-200MM. Got a ticket for hanging around the park after hours.

Wow, some amazing shots. Which were with the 80-200 and which were with the 50mm?

My favorites are 1, 3, and 9.

The first, and the third and second to last were taken with the 80-200MM. All others were hit with the 50MM.

Might be crazy to say so, but I dig the 80-200 much much more than the 50MM (which is now my second favorite lens of all lenses I have).

Yea, I've seen some awesome pics with that lens. I'm currently saving up for it.

I would say it is most definitely worth it. Although it is heavy as hell (heavier than the D300), and it is going to take a lot of practice to reign the beast in, however the learning curve seems to be the same as with the 105MM macro lens (just much heavier).

Yup. My biggest problem will be getting it to fit in my bag. I've gotten mixed answers from 80-200 owners. Is it really 7.6 inches? That seems a little small for a big lens.

The lens is about 8 inches. It is in no way small. People can see this lens coming a mile away.

Most reactions

Back