RANT! Still here and hate life right now . . .

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Canon Fan, Jan 28, 2005.

1. Canon Fan

Canon Fan TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Just thought I'd pop in and let everyone know that I am still lurkin around a bit but haven't had much time for the boards or pics lately. I present to you the last two weeks of my life (in short :oops: ) . . .

#1. I still have not fixed my car because my wife's truck has been all we have needed since we moved (needs a power steering hose and rear brakes, costly and time consuming on this car)

#2. The battery AND starter went gave up on the wife's truck 20 minutes before work (so I missed 1 night of work there)

#3. Got REALLY REALLY sick on some bad chicken (so I missed another night of work to visit the porcelin throne for a good round of upchucking :evil: )

#4. I cracked a tooth and it has swelled my face up like a chipmunk and hurts like hell and I can't sleep or think! But I can't go to the dentist to have it fixed until the weekend because I have no more sick days at the moment :cry:

#5. After replacing the battery and starter in the wife's truck the clutch and transmission blew apart on her way to work. This is exactly 5 days after the new starter and battery :evil:

#6. My wireless network signal sucks here BIGTIME for some reason but it doesn't matter much since the cable bill is due but all of the broken cars here will make it impossible to pay so I'll probably lose my internet too! :evil:

Basically I hate life right now. Hope fully things will be back to normal REAL soon.

The only upside to any of this is that I have a couple new camera's (bought before the proverbial poo-poo hit the fan here). Got a mint Canon AE-1 with an active meter to stand in for my black body AE-1 with a dead meter for under $50. Decided to check out the wonderful world of rangefinders and picked up a couple of Yashica GSN's for about $60, including the wide and tele converter add on Yashikor's :wink: It's just too damn bad I won't be able to afford any film for quite awhile :cry:

Anyway, see you all again when I have some more time and access :roll:

BTW, you guys have been posting some awesome stuff here lately, sorry I haven't had time for more individual replies!

2. Picksure

Picksure TPF Noob!

Sheeze, one thing I have learned is there is always someone in worse shape than you.

2004 ended on a real crap note for me, and now unemployed.

You story just proves my point. Keep your head up bro, it will get better, and heck, this is great place to show up and feel a little better for a while.

Hang in there!!

3. Canon Fan

Canon Fan TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Ya I know it'll get better just had to rant a bit ;) Thanks for listening! :hug::

4. Chase

Chase I am now benign! Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    When it rains, it pours... Here's to hoping all of the bad stuff has hit and is done and overwith!

5. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Yikes...it always seems to happen all at once doesn't it?

6. mygrain

mygrain Friend to nose goblins everywhere

Photos NOT OK to edit
    It's only gonna make you stronger Canonfan. Damn though... when it hits the fans it splatters all over the place doesn't it. Hope things get better soon!!!

7. Artemis

Artemis Just Punked Himself

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Dude, it all sounds so horrible :(

Well, theres always good following after bad, and after all that...I think youll win the lotto!

8. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Poor Canon Fan.... :hug:: That is one LONG string of bad luck. If things really do happen in three's, you're already at #6 which is twice your quota. So the way I see it, you'll now be safe for the next 2 years. That's not bad, dude. ;)

Hope you can check back in soon!!! :D

9. AIRIC

AIRIC TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    At least you can still take photos :) Sorry to hear about the bad luck. Been down that road a few times and I'm sure I will visit it again. Keep your head and it will be over soon.
    Eric

10. Mitica100

Mitica100 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Darn!! Too many baddies at once! Sorry, man... Look at it this way, it can't get any worse, it's gonna go up from here. Hang in there, bro...

11. Walt

Walt TPF Noob!

That sucks! Let's just hope all the crap is done with in a row and it's onward and upward.