[rant]

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Sharkbait, Jun 16, 2004.

1. Sharkbait

Sharkbait TPF Noob!

A'right, so I'm really happy with this whole 'no call' list for telemarketers. The calls to our house have gone waaaaaaaay down.

What we still get though, are survey people. Ugh. I just got one a few minutes ago. Here's what I heard:

"--cracklecracklestaticstatic--h'lo this's christna frm jibbybib calling with questns regarding yr recent vist to jibbybip can I --cracklecracklestaticstatic-- ...eak to --pause-- john wak...walk...wilkman?" (All said in one breath with no pauses, and even after 3 tries, she STILL f'ed up my last name. It's WIKMAN you moron, it's SIX letters long!!)

me: "Who is this??"

(much slower, as though she were talking to a small child now): "This...is...chrst--static--calling...from...jibbybip. I...have...a...survey...about...your...recent..."

me: "Where are you calling from?"

her: "jibby! boob!"

me: "Ohhhhh, JIFFY LUBE. You want to talk to my wife. She's the one that took the car in."

her: "Oh. Can I call back in a half an hour or so?"

me: "We're going out of town tonight. Won't be back until next week."

her: "Oh."

me: "Thanks. --click--"

:roll:

Jesus, at least get a decent phone connection and find someone who can enunciate the english language (this girl was american, she just couldn't enunciate!).

[/rant]

2. voodoocat

voodoocat ))<>(( Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    :lmao:

3. aggiezach

aggiezach Yup...

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I want to take my car there! :shock:

4. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I took twenty minutes to answer a phone survey about beer, a few weeks ago. Normally I just mumble and hang up but this time the survey guy was very polite (he had an African accent, I think) and it was, after all, about beer.

5. photong

photong Typo Queen

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Mom got one the other day.

People still don't know how to spell my name. it's not difficult. its Roy, 3 letters, but people can't seem to understand that IT IS NOT RAY.

On my name tag for my photography grad exhibition thingie, my name was spelt! I think someone thought it was funny because everyone knows each others names. theyre such asses.

I almost didn't get a package shipped by greyhound because the person's mom who sent it thought my last name was Ray.

Back to the survey stuff, if it's something im interested in, i'll do it. like cameras..or film! lol I did one about britta filters and it took 30 minutes!!! if i had known, i wouldn't have done it.

6. Not Neve

Not Neve TPF Noob!

I never talk to solicitors (?sp - too lazy to look it up). In fact, I hate talking on the phone. I hear the phone ring all day at work so I ignore it at home. And I finally invested in caller id!

jibby boob! haha

7. malachite

malachite Heavily Medicated For Your Protection

Not phone sales related per say because I just hang up on all those but I have a good one from yesterday. Lunchtime here at work usually involves someone needing to run an errand so they pick up lunch for us (we call it in) Yesterday was TJ's turn as he had to go to Sears. I call in our lunch order for pick-up and tell the guy the order is for TJ.

me: "Yeah, that'll be for TJ."

him: "How do you spell that?"

me: "TJ"

him: "Yeah, how do you spell that"

me: (trying not to laugh) "It's spelled T J "

him: "Allright, whatever, it'll be ready in 15-20 minutes." &lt;click>

Got our food OK, receipt and all, and right on the front is written in blue marker:

P/U by Tee Jay

We're having new business cards printed up for him now...................

8. Luminosity

Luminosity No longer a newbie, moving up!

LOL , thats TFF !! :LOL: ..... so's ms Jiffy-Boob ! :LOL:

9. Canon Fan

Canon Fan TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    JIBBY BOOB!!!

Ok so I just wanted to type it myself and be in on the fun :roll:

JIBBY BOOB!!!JIBBY BOOB!!!JIBBY BOOB!!!JIBBY BOOB!!!JIBBY BOOB!!!JIBBY BOOB!!!JIBBY BOOB!!!JIBBY BOOB!!!JIBBY BOOB!!!JIBBY BOOB!!!JIBBY BOOB!!!JIBBY BOOB!!!JIBBY BOOB!!!JIBBY BOOB!!!JIBBY BOOB!!!

I need a life. :?

10. Mitica100

Mitica100 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    :shock: Jibby boob?? ha ha...

I have two short stories to share:

My real first name in Romanian is Dumitru, which is a variation in spelling of Dimitri, typical for Romania. Well, after arriving here I had solicitors trying to say my first name like Dummy Tree, so I changed to Dimitri.

A few years ago, when I was enjoying the sales and solicitations over the phone, I made a habit in writing down their phone number, as by law they are forced to divulge it. Then, when some other sales person or solicitor would call for me, I'd answer with "Sorry, his new phone number is________" and I would give one of the numbers collected from the previous callers. I can only imagine their confusion. :D

11. Karalee

Karalee hOtLiPs!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    My friend used to do those stupid surveys, he once had to ask a man if he folded his toilet paper or scrunched it :lol: needless to say hes not doing that job anymore.

When telemarketers are calling and I answer the phone theres usually a lagg in between my picking up the phone and saying hello two times and then them asking for Mr Kelly (My BF) so when I say hes not home they ask for the "Lady of the house.

Thats about the point where I hang up the phone. If its someone important theyll call back but no one I know calls me the "Lady of the house" although Id perfer it to Jiffy Boob

12. graigdavis

graigdavis TPF Noob!

I like to play games with them when they call. They called and asked for my dad. He hates when I hand him the phone with a sales or survey guy so I have a little fun of my own. Heres how one went yesterday.

Them "hello is Gregory Davis there?

Me :sniff sniff: "no" :sniff sniff wimper:

Them "well would you know when he would be back?"

Me "I was hoping you could tell me, he ran off with the next door neighbor girl 3 weeks ago!"

Them "um, uh, well"

Me "the girl was only 18 years old! I thought I had a chance with her too"

Them "well how about your mother, is she there?"

Me "No shes working on the corner of 5th and sunset, were hoping she will make enough money to bring us home dinner tonight"

Them "Well Im sorry to bother you, good luck with everything"

Me "if you find my dad can you call me back?"

Them :click: