DeadEye

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.deadeyestudio.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Up close. I have spent two years gaining the trust of this pair.

This one is hatching out the rest of the way as I type.

hatchilng%20copy.jpg

They sure are slow to crawl out of that shell. They are soooo week the little thing has to rest a lot.

953D4283%20copy.jpg

from opera: Lens focal length: 105
!!!!!!!!
gaining confidence is (I think) a major understatment when your using (what I think) is a macro lens for that sort of close work!
That is some very very impressive work there!

now that's a beautiful and UNIQUE moment you've got captured!
if i were you i wouldn't get the picture as good as this, because I'll be worried to lose the precious moment!

great job DEADEYE

Awesome!!! Amazing gets, man, my jealousy factor is just about through the roof. Well done! I'd thank you for posting these shots but I hit my thank quota for the day.

now that's a beautiful and UNIQUE moment you've got captured!
if i were you i wouldn't get the picture as good as this, because I'll be worried to lose the precious moment!

great job DEADEYE

Thank you my headv is swelling.

Awesome!!! Amazing gets, man, my jealousy factor is just about through the roof. Well done! I'd thank you for posting these shots but I hit my thank quota for the day.

Thank you!! This forum is the bomb, I have learned most of what I know here.

Glad you enjojod this image, I only hope it compared to what I felt as I watched this amazing birth.

Amazing capture. I like it.

Ahhhh that would be sooooo cool to get in NG. Thank you the kind words.

Cheers DeadEye

And I thought I was getting close shots of a nest....Fantastic captures!! How in the world did you get so close without being attacked by mom? Very cool!!!

Dude..... you rock.

Sometimes I get you and Eric confused because (I think) the two of you have each been watching a nest. I'll have to review the archives.

And I thought I was getting close shots of a nest....Fantastic captures!! How in the world did you get so close without being attacked by mom? Very cool!!!

It takes a few years of spending lots of time neer the nest to gain the trust, You too do wonderfull work with the osprey.

Dude..... you rock.

Sometimes I get you and Eric confused because (I think) the two of you have each been watching a nest. I'll have to review the archives.

Thank You .

Here is another from the other day.

953D4243.jpg

ok 60mm now for that last one!
gah most people getting such shots would be using a 500mm lens at least ! this is very impresive work. Out of interest since you getting so close how do you avoid the scent problem - that is if a bird finds a difference scent on its nest it abandons it? Just carefull approach? I am assuming that either your shooting whilst the parents are gone and that htey don't see you as a threat or that they are nearby when your taking the shots - I assume the latter

I dont touch the nest, so there is no scent issue. They are neer by watching. I can get within about 10 feet before she spooks up. She dont swoop me as I am around a LOT and have a trust built up.

Learn there calls. They all mean something. Stop when you hear the warning call . Next time she lets you closer.

Cheers DeadEye

Most reactions

Back