Rare Book Library

WNK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Some of the books in the rare book room of the Seminary are hundreds of years old... really neat to see. Mostly theological, but some others as well.

1. "Works of Luther"
3c3ab802b11e8bd59a162c8b9fba6c6c-.jpg

2. Disrepair
ecc0074f8f22d1575379c27984afe9d2-.jpg

3. I wish this one were more clearly in focus, but I hung onto it because of the rich colors
7a4fac2d2f71b2416e37c76c171e74d4-.jpg

Thanks for looking! Comments/critiques appreciated!

I assume flashes were prohibited? Nice job regardless. Fantastic use of available light. The detail and texture in number one is breathtaking. :thumbup:

I like what you did in that library with what little light you had! Old books are fascinating.
After the great fire in the Anna-Amalia Library in Weimar two years ago, (see_here_and_test_your_German :D), ever so many of their old treasures got lost or severely damaged by the water used to extinguish the fire. Film documentaries on the restoration of the rescued (albeit damaged) books are a favourite programme in my family to watch!

Love that first image, Wendy. :thumbup: It's soft, with nice strong diagonal lines.

Looks like the kind of place I could wander around in for hours...I love old books. :D

looks like a neat place, love #1... :thumbup:

Wow these are really amazing. I would have to say the first one if my favorite though. It was a perfect use of B&W

Most reactions

New Topics

Back