www.jeremygrayphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
-Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8 VR
-Nikon 50mm f/1.4
-Nikon SU-800
-Nikon SB-800
-Nikon SB-600/800 color gel filters
-Hoya 77mm UV filter, Hoya 77mm circular polarizing filter, Hoya 77mm warming filter

This was funded with the money I got for selling my computer, and the money I won on the Super Bowl. I'm excited.

EDIT: See the last post I just put up, #21, for a better start to this thread, as this original post was not well-reflective of my intent.

wow...nice choices. That 70-200 is quite a nice lens.
Lots of moola you spent there...

nice purchases. hey, did you ever buy that car you needed :)?

If it were me, I would have purchased the items one at a time, so that I would appreciate each one of them more... but that's just me.

also...... be sure to post pics from these purchases... then we can rate your purchases more accurately :D

You just bought a bunch of pro gear. do you really want us to rate your purchase, or are you just bragging?

i'd sell my soul for a 70-200 2.8....

Really. Why would you want us to "rate" your purchases? Do you just want accolades over your cool choices? Are you going to return them if we don't approve?

Well, go out and take some pictures and post those, instead of just gear lists...

Really. Why would you want us to "rate" your purchases? Do you just want accolades over your cool choices? Are you going to return them if we don't approve?

Well, go out and take some pictures and post those, instead of just gear lists...

lol he's looking to see how many people want to rob him to decide if it is safe to take them out and use them. :lol:

Don't worry TR, you can use them around me, they won't work on my camera.

I have no idea how it feels to get all the gear at once, and I never will, as I save and save and save for one thing at a time. god, If I were you I wouldn't know what to use first. Not to mention, gear is like a new car, you'll have to hone your techniques with each piece of kit to master it, you might be getting so much it'll be hard ot take in how to use it properly all at once.

Great buy though.

Is this a case of "mine is bigger than yours!".

I think you have the D300, so I can't remember if it has the built-in flash, if not, then the SU-800 could be handy, but I would probably go with PW's. The 24-70mm f/2.8 pairs well with the 70-200mm btw. In fact, I use the 24-70mm much more atm than the 70-200mm. Personally, I would have gone with another SB-800 rather than the 50mm f/1.4. But that's just me. Good luck with the gear.

Is this a case of "mine is bigger than yours!".

I think you have the D300, so I can't remember if it has the built-in flash, if not, then the SU-800 could be handy, but I would probably go with PW's. The 24-70mm f/2.8 pairs well with the 70-200mm btw. In fact, I use the 24-70mm much more atm than the 70-200mm. Personally, I would have gone with another SB-800 rather than the 50mm f/1.4. But that's just me. Good luck with the gear.

Everybody raves about the 50mm f/1.4 for portraiture, and that's what I'm trying to really follow after, so I figured I'd give it a good try. And yeah, the SU-800 acts similarly to the built-in flash of the D300, but I am gonna try it to see if it has any advantages, and if not, I'll just send it back and get almost all of my money back on it.

Most reactions

Back