RAW and Elements 4.0

Photog38

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I recently got my 30D and am trying to learn more about RAW. I am using Photoshop Elements 4.0, but I cant seem to open any of the RAW files. A message just pops up that says the file is damaged or is in the wrong format. How do I edit the RAW files? Do I need to download an update or something?

Sounds like you may need to update your adobe camera raw plugin. I think you may need 3.7 for Elements 4. You can download that here.. http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=3583
Download it and save it in the File Formats plugin folder which on my pc is here C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS2\Plug-Ins\File Formats

hope this fixes it> I may of course be talking aload of BxxxxxxS.. But it is worth a try...

Thanks for the help.:hail:I downloaded the 3.7 update, but that didn't fix it. I did a little searching and found that I needed the 3.4 update. I downloaded that and now it works!
:boogie::smileys:

No problen I'm glad you got it sorted! :thumbup: It is really annoying when computers don't want to play.....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back