Raw and Lightroom presets, anyone?

sincere

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
wich ones do you use? There are just way too many out there :confused:

super punch?

I make some of my own for things that I'll do more than once or twice. That's the beauty of LR, practically anything thing you can do, can be saved as a preset.

As for downloading presets...I have a whole bunch of them from all different sources. I don't use most of them, but it's fun to scroll through them and quickly see the effects they would have.

man, i would love to know how to make presets but my knowledge is still too limited and i dont know where to start..

I don't use any of the default ones in the Develop module, although I want to create one for some of the adjustments I always use. I have several presets I have made in the Print module and several in the Export dialog.

I auto tone auto whitebalance every photo I take...LR is much smarter about making sure people have real skin tones then the software in camera....

I never save my own presets because every time I work on a photo, I want to do something different. As for the lightroom presets, I have used them before and then tweaked them to fit the photo I am working on.

If there are develop settings I use often, I will save it and use it as a starting point. I find it hard to recommend any in particular, because most of the ones I have downloaded, I have tweaked to my taste. But I think the nice thing is that you can look for presets related to styles you like: black and white, hi-key, desaturated colors, film emulations, etc. Then, you can see how the effect is achieved and develop your own, and send them to others who would want to see them.

I preferred the "direct positive" preset that came with Lightroom for a lot of outdoor photos with blue skies, but most of the other ones that came with it, I do not use.

Are there any particular types of presets you are interested in?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back