RAW and Nikon D80

actstudio

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Does anyone have the experince in working with RAW pictures taken with the D80 and 'editing' them on the CS2? In my case, PS will not recognize these pictures and from what I read about it it seems like PS and Nikon didn't fix this yet. Is that right or maybe you guys are doing that?

Thanks

If you have a legit version of CS2, download all the upgrades. Adobe Camera RAW is one of the components that is updated andwill support everything from a D80 to a D3.

Does anyone have the experince in working with RAW pictures taken with the D80 and 'editing' them on the CS2? In my case, PS will not recognize these pictures and from what I read about it it seems like PS and Nikon didn't fix this yet. Is that right or maybe you guys are doing that?

Thanks

I believe that there's a downloadable plug-in from Adobe. That's what I needed for my PSE-4 with my D80 RAW shots. Check their web site.

You need the Adobe Camera Raw 3.7 plug in, you can download it here, and put it in the Plug-ins folder.

Thanks el_shorty.
I will try that. Can I ask where is the plug in folder located? Should it be in a specific folder or as a stand alone one?

el_shorty,
I just wanted to thank you again. I just tried to down load one picture and it WORKED!

Thanks.

I think there are several different plug-ins you can download for Nikon's NEF in CS2. I got the Nikon plugin for PS and don't like it due to the loading time length and lack of adjustments. I strictly use the Photoshop RAW plugin. It has a much faster loading time and also a lot more tweaks before completely loading the image into CS2. Both recognize D80 NEF.

Most reactions

Back