RAW or JPEG???

I think people want to shoot jpeg is about saving times and less time in files transfer. They don't have to worry about buffer fills up quickly when shooting raw on their dslr. Trying to get the pictures right by looking in the 3 inch screen maybe possible. However, your have to shoot a lot of pictures and compare each picture with different settings to see which setting is optimal for best picture quality. Then stick with the optimal setting and shoot rest of the pictures and expect these to be also high quality. They think jpeg is same quality or better than raw. Those are the nonsenses I read in the internet. I think these people are misinformed.

Last edited:
JPEG! Raw is a crutch used by lesser photographers who lack the self confidence/knowledge to get it right in camera.
I've heard people say the same thing about flash shooter vs natural light. I loled at them too.

LOL

I shoot both... and use the Jpegs quite a bit. I only touch the RAW files if I need to... and I don't touch them very often. Of course, having access to both is nice... but why RAW process images unless it is needed? Waste of time! Some images needed the extra latitude RAW provides... many don't (if shot properly in the first place).

Superfitz may have been trolling, but he was right about getting it as close as possible IN Camera...

Benco said:
No it doesn't

Yes it does

Yawn

It should be nominated for that award because of all the pro raw fools. Jpeg is the greatest format period...times infinity!!! Bam! You can't get better than that. I am right..that's all there is to it. Now I sleep.

It's one thing to troll. It's another thing to be bad at trolling. This is just... bad.

Get it right in camera and Microsoft paint is all you need. Actually I have a Mac so I just use preview.

Bad trolling.

Thank you for finally calling me out. My fingers are tired. Sorry OP for hijacking your thread. Bottom line is they both have their merits. If you read through the thread you read some good reasons to use raw.

Worth a suspension/ban IMO. Purposely posting inflammatory comments is foolish.

Go ahead, feed the trolls. Our natural habitat is being threatened by legitimate conversation!

Most reactions

Back