RAW to JPEG, bunch at a time...how?

Dieter122

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I want to convert a large number of RAW formatted images to JPEG format.....

the Nikon plugin for PS sucks to say the least, as you have to do ONE BY ONE...and click "ok" after each one loads up totally...

PSCS REPLACES the plugin, which also I wouldnt want to do in fears of messing something up..plus id like to leave the program installed..

is there another program out there that I can install and convert images enmass to JPEG from RAW?

thanks

i dont nkow if it will specifically help your problem, but rawshooter essentials is a very good program for raw editing and processing, and its free

Hi Dieter,

I also use raw shooter essentials (RSE), even though I have Photoshop CS2 that will work with RAW... I just find RSE a lot easier to use.

2 things to consider here, you can 'batch' process the RAW photos to JPEG very easily, but if you want to enhance as you go, it will take time. Especially if the photos are really different in exposure etc...

What you could do, and what I found out only recently on my Olympus E300 is that I can shoot in RAW & JPEG at the same time. I find this great !! So what I do now is quickly go through the jpegs, note the ones I really like then work with them in RAW, make my adjustments on those few...

Maybe your camera can support both modes at once :)

Cheers,

Atlas

Dieter122 said:
is there another program out there that I can install and convert images enmass to JPEG from RAW?
I use Russell Brown's Image Processor.
Scroll down a bit for the CS Scripts.

RSE is a great program, however adobe has purchased the company. You can download the free version here for now, but I don't expect it will be available much longer.

I've posted this before and didn't get an answer so I think I'll take advantage of this thread to ask again (since it's related).

I use RSE but can't batch together files for quicker converting because when I load in the photos the Tint and Color Temp sliders are off. The pics are either extremely green or extremely blue. My guess is that those colors relate to which WB the camera selected (I have it on Auto) but for some reason that's the entire tint of the pic.

I can adjust them without affecting the quality of the shot but since I do have to go in and touch each pic... I can't just batch 10 together and convert them. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Is there something I'm missing?

I have that problem as well. I quickly review all the shots for composition and throw out the ones I don't like then I go back and look at each of the keepers individually.

Most reactions

Back