RAW versus Jpeg

Alot of incite here. Thats why I like these forums. I can edit my photos as a jpeg, just as well as a raw. So I still dont see a real reason as a "hobbyist" to shoot in Raw.....but I suppose for the professional it would give a possible advantage.

Thanks guys/gals!

i havent read what everyone on here has said.. but, a quick use of the search tool will provide around 500 threads on this very topic..

i havent read what everyone on here has said.. but, a quick use of the search tool will provide around 500 threads on this very topic..

I still have never understood the reason for someone to post this.

Fact is this, there are so many people usually viewing these forums, that the time it would take me to "search", I could just get one of the fine members here to quickly type out a response.

Is this lazy? Yeah, it could be, but it doesnt take away from the forums here. I don't buy the "it clutters the forums" argument either.

If its a topic your not interested in, don't click on it and move to the next thread.

Everyone knows there is a search button, and quite frankly, the search buttons can be iffy on getting you the information you really want. And believe it or not, some people that come on here couldn't navigate effectively with the search button anyway.

It's a pet peeve of mine for people that come on and say..blah blah, search button, blah blah, been done before 500 times...blah blah.

Instead of typing that mess, just answer the question or move on. Did you lose precious seconds in your life, or miss a more important thread because this one was created...for the 500th time?

I bet not.

On another note, i'm sure your actually a really helpful guy with alot of experience that could be used in helping new guys such as myself. But jumping into threads with the obligatory search spout, kinda gives a bad vibe.

Everyone knows there is a search button, and quite frankly, the search buttons can be iffy on getting you the information you really want.
This is simply not true. It's quite effective.

some people that come on here couldn't navigate effectively with the search button anyway.
This is more accurate, but that doesn't make the search feature worthless.

the truth is, it doesnt bug me that you created a new thread witha topic that has been talked about a million times, the thing that bugs me is the laziness.. the lack of wanting to search.. its no different than me asking someone where to find a download on the internet.. do you know what they use to find it for me.. google.. it takes 2 seconds to do a search, and find the exact answers your looking for...

its just like a few days ago, a guy posted a question, looking for business tips.. legal questions... and someone was kind enough to give them a link to EXACTLY the answer they were looking for.. then, the guy bitched, because he had to do a little bit of reading...

and if you know how to search, your not going to get dodgy answers.. especially to a topic like this one.. you go to search type Raw VS Jpeg and BOOM LOTS of threads, not just on that topic, but also with the same title.

I'm a go getter.. I hate laziness.. its deffinatley my biggest pet peve.. that and the word definitely .. becuase I can never remember how to spell it..

Everyone knows there is a search button, and quite frankly, the search buttons can be iffy on getting you the information you really want.
This is simply not true. It's quite effective.

some people that come on here couldn't navigate effectively with the search button anyway.
This is more accurate, but that doesn't make the search feature worthless.

...i said it was worthless? Show me.

Easier to skip the thread than ***** about it. :) - We can have 6 pages of why someone shouldn't ask a question or we can discuss it like adults. Maybe that's why people keep re-posting, because every damn thread on a subject turns to crap!

That said;
I found this article kind of interesting:
RAW vs. JPEG

you know what, people ***** about stuff on this forum all the time, so get over it..

the truth is, it doesnt bug me that you created a new thread witha topic that has been talked about a million times, the thing that bugs me is the laziness.. the lack of wanting to search.. its no different than me asking someone where to find a download on the internet.. do you know what they use to find it for me.. google.. it takes 2 seconds to do a search, and find the exact answers your looking for...

its just like a few days ago, a guy posted a question, looking for business tips.. legal questions... and someone was kind enough to give them a link to EXACTLY the answer they were looking for.. then, the guy bitched, because he had to do a little bit of reading...

and if you know how to search, your not going to get dodgy answers.. especially to a topic like this one.. you go to search type Raw VS Jpeg and BOOM LOTS of threads, not just on that topic, but also with the same title.

I'm a go getter.. I hate laziness.. its deffinatley my biggest pet peve.. that and the word definitely .. becuase I can never remember how to spell it..

I still consider myself a go-getter as well...even if I didn't use the search button.

Honestly though, at least from my experience, I have success witht the search tool sometimes, and other times I dont. If it worked better for me, I would use it more as the answers to my questions would already be there in the post. But sadly, at least for me, thats not the case.

:D

you know what, people ***** about stuff on this forum all the time, so get over it..

I never got under it. So I'm over it!

I'm just letting you know that guys who do this, it makes them look like pricks.

Not saying your a prick, but by responding in that fashion, it makes you look like one even if your not. And I don't think you are....but some could take it that way.

Just saying....

I still consider myself a go-getter as well...even if I didn't use the search button.

Honestly though, at least from my experience, I have success witht the search tool sometimes, and other times I dont. If it worked better for me, I would use it more as the answers to my questions would already be there in the post. But sadly, at least for me, thats not the case.

:D

its something my dad instilled in me at a young age to do things for yourself.. try, and if you dont succeed, THEN ask for help.. i think its a pretty good moral to have..

If you're not having luck with the search, i would reconsider what words your using to search, as, 99% of the time I have a question, I find the answers on here... if I don't find it, THEN i ask..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back