RAW

Scurra

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok I have a few RAW shots I have tried taking but I'm having issues converting them to anything I can use on my PC. The convert and save option is greyed out in the canonviewer software.... I'm at a loss.

How do I get these shots off of my camera in some form that my PC will recognise?

imight be wrong, but if you use a card reader and save them somewhere...then pop them into Photoshop CS, they should be able to be manipulated and saved as jpegs and such...

md

cool thanks guys I'll have a go. I only have photoshop 7 tho hope that works.

Ok I just tried that.... the files saved from the card don't want to open, hell they don't even have a .RAW file extension they are .CR2 any idea what I may have done wrong?

Check Canon's webiste, they may have a raw plugin for PS, I know pentax does so its probably worth the look.

Try the 'digital photo professional' software that came with the camera.

Daniel said:
Try the 'digital photo professional' software that came with the camera.
Yes, there should be some called "Browse and Download". After downloading, you could convert it to TIFF or whatever file format you like.
I do the Photoshop CS way.

BTW, there is this software called Breeze Browser in case you might to check out.

Scurra said:
Ok I just tried that.... the files saved from the card don't want to open, hell they don't even have a .RAW file extension they are .CR2 any idea what I may have done wrong?

The .CR2 is the RAW file extension for the files of the 20d.Can you see the pictures as thumnails in the EVU or DPP software?

Digital Matt said:
Do yourself a favor and get a copy of C1 LE

I did, unfortunately the 20d is not supported yet. However, there will be a new version (3.6) in the end of the moth with full support for the camera. The software looks very promising, looking forward to try it.

Photoshop CS is unlikley to support many RAW formats out of the bok or straight off the net.

Try either your nanufacturers website or Adobe.com as all nikon bits and bobs are here!

Most reactions

Back