RCR123A Batteries for Nikon SB-R200 Remote Flashes

TheFantasticG

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.gplimages.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Those of you with the R1C1 and R1 kits know that the SB-R200 takes the CR123A batteries. For some reason, Nikon decided to use this battery. O.k., fine. After buying about a dozen pairs of these expensive batteries, I finally came across rechargable CR123A batteries that have decent reviews.

Tenergy Smart Charger + 6 pcs RCR123A 3.0V (3.2V NOM) 750mAh LiFePO4 Rechargeable Batteries

I'll be putting in a purchase order next week.

Anyone else using these?

can you tell how they are?
are they worth the buy?

Haven't exactly got to use them since right about the I got them I hadn't killed the regular batteries yet, and then the bugs went away. I should be using them quite a bit this year.

My Fuji S2 Pro also used the CR123A lithiums: I found a source for reasonably-priced batteries from eBay and bought a BUNCH of them. Batteries are one of the things that it pays to shop around on before buying. Look for a good deal. At the time I was shooting the Sw Pro, the rechargeable lithium 123A size batteries were brand new, and were VERY poor, unreliable performers. I expect that by now, the rechargeables are quite acceptable. Bought at regular, walk-in retail prices, the 123A lithiums are REALLY expensive!!! I was able to buy 20-packs of them for about $1.25 per battery, eight years ago, when the in-store cost was $8.99 (or more!) PER battery!@!

the price here per battery at the moment is a bit over 5$
i am looking for a good deal on a stack on ebay, but was thinking about rechargeble onces

Good info.... look forward to hearing how the Rechargables are...

So far this year I've been very pleased with their performance. They don't last as long as the ones (they are less mah rated). In any given week I'll go through the charge on two sets. So I've been cycling through 3 sets. I carry one with in the flashes, two in the bag, an two on the charger while I'm out. When I get home I take the ones out of the flash and put them on the charger the ones in the bag go in the flashes and the ones on the charger go in the bag. that's the cycle.

Most reactions

Back