Re: B&W photos for the EOS Digital Rebel

Artemis said:
Thanks! :)

[Edit] Im also scared...is it safe to download hacked firmware?

I guess you're about to find out!
Make sure your virus protection is updated.

Artemis said:
Thanks! :)

[Edit] Im also scared...is it safe to download hacked firmware?
You can always go back if you want to...

Unless things go terribly wrong of course :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've hacked mine. It's not a risk... I'm pretty sure most serious 300D owners have hacked theirs... and I haven't heard any complaints about rebels dying from the russian hack. AND Canon serviced rebels with the hack installed in them, so you should be ok.

Cheers and hack away. :lol:

Maybe I should ask cannon?

And maybe would it void my insurance?
And is it possible to put back on the old version?

Canon would tell you NO...that's why it's a hack.

Technically it would void your warranty but as mentioned, there are reports that people have sent in hacked cameras for repair with no repercussions...possibly they just reset the firmware, in which case you can just hack it again.

I would not do the hack for B&W ability...however, there are other (more useful) options. Mirror lock up is a big one.

I'm sure you could find a list of them somewhere.

Basically the hack "unlocks" the functions that the 10D has and the 300D does not.

Besides the sturdier body and the buffer chip...the 10D and the 300D are pretty much the same camera. Canon purposely disabled the 300D so that they could set a higher price on the 10D and have two price levels rather than just one.

Not only can you do quick grayscale conversions in PS, but in case you're wondering about BW photography with colored filters, you can change from color to grayscaled with a red, blue, or yellow filter by hitting CTRL + 1, 2, or 3.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back