Ready for a night out.

ronlane

What's next?
Reaction score
Website
www.lane-images.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'll keep sharing the ones that I like from this weekend. Here is one with two of the models posing together. They worked well together, I thought.

21396516513_67bc3336aa_c.jpg

Settings: 7D mk ii, 50mm f/1.8 STM, 50mm, f/8.0, 1/160, ISO 800, no flash, no reflector.
Post processing: Imported to LR, auto basic, skin smoothing on the faces, PS - action from sharlpixel.com.

Very nice Ron! Is the haloing on the brick wall a processing artefact, or just a result of the ambient light?

If you feel like there was too much space at the top that you darkened the corners, I'd think about framing and how you're using space - maybe would've worked better framed vertically? They almost seem a little cramped in the bottom of the photos. I think they look good and the quality overall is well done.

If you feel like there was too much space at the top that you darkened the corners, I'd think about framing and how you're using space - maybe would've worked better framed vertically? They almost seem a little cramped in the bottom of the photos. I think they look good and the quality overall is well done.

Thank you Sharon. I wouldn't say that there was too much space, the darkening was because to me the wall was just really bright and I didn't want it distracting from these lovely ladies.

In hind sight, I probably should have burned it while I was in PS instead of using the LR post-crop vignette.

Maybe that's it, made the haloing noticeable. Maybe you needed to adjust your vantage point a little, the girl to the left is who looks a little squeezed into the frame at that angle. The pattern/texture of the concrete might be making the background a little more eye catching too especially if it's a light color.

I do think the lighting, colors and the setting are pretty decent, however personally I find the model's poses to be...umm...a tad disturbing. This is obviously my own personal opinion here and I will go so far as to admit that I'm a tad anal about symmetry, however I think I might have reversed the position of the two young ladies and would have had the girl currently on the right side of the image in front. I also think the girl currently to the left has her shoulders at too much of an angle...sort of looks like she's shrugging or perhaps leaning into the image a little, but it looks a bit uncomfortable. As they are posed now, with the lines of the wall in the background, I feel like my eye is just rolling off the right side of the image.

Just my own opinions...please use them only for what you feel they are worth.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back