Real cameras are black....

What color suits your fancy?

• Total voters

Youngun

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Just curious....Do you guys think that serious cameras should be classic black? Does silver scream "cheap" or do you think it matters?

IMO black looks better, but silver done right also looks nice.

B&H as the Contax G2 in both black ($1300) and silver ($950 after rebate).
$350 more for black LOL

sometimes I wish my 300d was black, but then I think about it, and it's just a camera. The color really doesn't matter.

The picture doesn't care.

Black is suppose to be more "professional" looking- but look on the sidelines of football games. Many of the pros are using Canon's silver "professional" line of telephotos.

Black is suppose to be "less noticable". Right. Picture the wedding photographer with battery packs hanging off him, big ole hand grips to hold the camera and some huge honkin' strobe that flashing like crazy every few seconds lighting up the whole place... but hey, nobody notices him because he's got a black camera, right?

If the color were that important, all movie cameras would be black.

Get real.

Hmm, when I was buying my cam, I was glad it is black. But now I don't care. My friend uses and old, 25 year old camera that is brown. It looks werid but it's not important. But, yes. All those small compact cams are silver.

White body with pink and blue polka dots! ;) j/k

I dont know why we should worry too much about the exterior color!

I vote for black. If they would use a metal type skin like the older cameras used silver would be fine but all the new cameras are just painted plastic which if it gets serious use will wear off so I think they should just stick to basic black. That brings up another topic also. I think they should stick to models named by numbers. These silly names they call some cameras i don't like. I know camera manufacters use names for some of there models and usually that is only for the US market they market the same cameras in europe but they always use numbers for those cameras, the canon rebel in europe is called the canon 1000. Nikon seems to stick with numbers for their models in the US and in Europe but they do use different type numbers, like 8008 is the 801 in europe.

I have actually heard of people making their choice of camera based on "black plastic" body is less durable than "metallic-looking" aluminium body.

What a noob.....

BTW the aluminium is either just paint or a thin layer for the sake of cosmetics.

I prefer black for no particular reason. Maybe it's because both my cameras are black and I can't be seen as "straying"!

For the newer cameras I prefer black. Some of the old manual cameras tho I really like the metal showing through.

Most reactions

Back