Real cameras are black....

What color suits your fancy?

• Total voters
I have an Ansco Titan (like my avatar) that needs new bellows and leatherette. I'd like to buff the chrome off, down to the shiny brass. Get some suave fake lizard skin leatherette from cameraleather.com, and red or blue bellows. Pimp that camera!!!

markc said:
It's easier to be a ninja/photographer with a black camera.

Hahaha....I like that.

My camera has both black and silver and I like it just fine! :love:

And what about color of a belt? (I'm not sure if it is called "a belt" in english, I mean this stripe that holds your camera on your neck )
Min is black with white notice. But my friend has previously bought all white. It was dirty after two days :)

My camera is silver though I didn't pick it for the color. The strap is black with the brand in big gold print. My bag (since we're on about colors) is a dark green.

I like the look of black cameras, but I also like the look of real metal cameras, like old Leica rangefinders. I really dislike silver-painted plastic! I would say that the public in general have viewed silver cameras as "amateur" models for some time now, even back to the 70s and earlier.

When it comes to newer SLR camera's I believe the color is supposed to have status and image to it. Well maybe thats just Canon, come to think of it I have never seen a Nikon that wasn't black :?

dunno I like black on the new ones, black and silver on older SLR's (full auto era)

Love the way my 10D looks, despise they way my Rebel 2000 looks.

But, there is nothing sweeter than a bigass white lens with a tiny red stripe on the end :lol:

Canon Fan said:
When it comes to newer SLR camera's I believe the color is supposed to have status and image to it. Well maybe thats just Canon, come to think of it I have never seen a Nikon that wasn't black :?

dunno I like black on the new ones, black and silver on older SLR's (full auto era)

Love the way my 10D looks, despise they way my Rebel 2000 looks.

But, there is nothing sweeter than a bigass white lens with a tiny red stripe on the end :lol:

Yeah.. the 'L' stripe :D

Here is a 'silver' Nikon for you ;)

And the for those with a seen of faction
233933.jpg
233932.jpg

233935.jpg
233934.jpg

I'll take the Hassy in red please!!!

It doesn't really matter to me although mine's silver. However if you turn up somewhere with a black camera I think people see you as more of a 'professional' photographer.

Most reactions

Back