Real Client Album

Very nice!! I really like the layout of the first page.

Some killer shots in there.

the pages that work for me are the ones without the backgrounds, I think sometimes they can be distracting

39 kicks ass
18 is fantastic layout
13 is good but i felt like it need two on the lh to balance it
5 lost it big time for me with the back ground

I'm astounded. What a wonderful representation of their day. Very well shot and very well put together. I can see why your schedule is so booked.

Very nicely done, I do have a couple of comments.

1. Changing the perspective (if that's the right word) of a coupe of pictures pages 4, 12, and 24, where you resize horizontally in one and vertically in another without keeping the respective other side the same (4 and 12 they look fatter, 24 the bride and groom look squooshed).

2. Horizon (if that's the right word for indoor shots) is a bit off in pages 20 and 23.

Now I don't mean the whole page just one shot in each of those pages.

Otherwise the images and arrangement are beautiful. Love the wide angle on page 18.

This is AMAZING. You need to come do my wedding! :sexywink:
Don't know if its the photos, or the bride, or a combination of both but her skin looks super super soft, silk like. Love it.
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Cindy... I love your work always. I have to say.. that you are an inspiration to me and appreciate you posting your work.

May I ask how you get the dress so white? Do you use a diffuse glow in PS ?

You did a beautiful job!! I love it

This is an amazing photo album. The bride should be very happy. I love the last one with the bubbles.....WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

I think this looks great:) I'm not too fond of the background on #5 as well because it kind of makes the album seem too scrapbook like for my taste. But, I think the pictures you got for that day are cool. When were they fishing and how did you end up being there for that?
Page 34 looks a bit busy to me as well...I wonder what it would look like if the white border around all of the images was just a tad bigger...

Another question: How much do you shoot during a Catholic ceremony? Do you just sit and wait through all the non-wedding parts (the Gospel, the readings, etc...) and wait for the wedding specific parts of the ceremony? I have done a couple of Catholic weddings and I mainly focused on the wedding specific parts since I didn't want to be a nuisance or a distraction, but I see that you got a shot of them taking the Eucharist. Just curious about how you tend to shoot them as my brother is Catholic and I know he's throwing a lot of his Catholic friends who are getting married my way:)

Cindy... I love your work always. I have to say.. that you are an inspiration to me and appreciate you posting your work.

May I ask how you get the dress so white? Do you use a diffuse glow in PS ?

Thank you so much!
I'm a freak about white balance. I try to get it right in camera with custom balances, but if that fails, I cheat with Lightroom. :)
I use a lot of Kabota and Boutwell actions. Nothing across the board though. I look at each photo seperately.
Hugs,
Cindy

I think this looks great:) I'm not too fond of the background on #5 as well because it kind of makes the album seem too scrapbook like for my taste. But, I think the pictures you got for that day are cool. When were they fishing and how did you end up being there for that?
Page 34 looks a bit busy to me as well...I wonder what it would look like if the white border around all of the images was just a tad bigger...

Another question: How much do you shoot during a Catholic ceremony? Do you just sit and wait through all the non-wedding parts (the Gospel, the readings, etc...) and wait for the wedding specific parts of the ceremony? I have done a couple of Catholic weddings and I mainly focused on the wedding specific parts since I didn't want to be a nuisance or a distraction, but I see that you got a shot of them taking the Eucharist. Just curious about how you tend to shoot them as my brother is Catholic and I know he's throwing a lot of his Catholic friends who are getting married my way:)

Hehe. I agree about the fish page. It IS pretty hokey. LOL.

My husband and I split up for the first part of the day. I cover the bride and he covers the groom. We hook up at the church, where we begin preformals. We quickly set up lights, and meter. I pose the groups and my husband shoots them.
During the wedding, I shoot at all times except for prayer. My husband handles the presession and ressession. He then shoots coverage from the back of the church. Always no flash.
I take either the front of the church or the balcony. In the balcony I handhold a 70-200 2.8 IS, and alternate fish, and either 50mm or 85 (all 1.4) on tripod. When in the front, I shoot only one camera, the lens predetermined at the rehearsal. (I'm pretty good at talking my way up to the front).
After the wedding we do the post formals the same way as the preformals.
Once at the reception, my husband shoots wide, outside of the dancefloor area. I shoot extremly close, so I'm on the dancefloor. I am careful about the important dances, so I circle the perimiter of the dancefloor, and come in close occassionally. They never seem to mind because I'm very steathly about it, and it makes for some killer shots.
I'm also responsible for all the table shots. While I do tableshots, my husband covers the bride and groom as they go from table to table. We both handle detail shots.
Most of the close shots you see are me, and the wide shots during receptions are almost always my husband.
After the wedding, my husband downloads the cards, and backs up to one of our external discs. If I'm in a bind, I'll have him handle the "pulls", but most time I handle that. I'm then responsible for all the editing, processing, slideshows, and book designs.

Working as a team is soooo much easier!
:mrgreen:

Wow is all I have to say. You 2 work very well as a team, and it shows in the presentation above! Keep up the outstanding work, as well as being an inspiration to a lot of us!
Thanks

Most reactions

Back