Real death

Duncan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Anyone interested in images of real death but in a artistic manner ? , I photograph found dead animals when I find them and some are of a fairly graphic nature but it is the ability to view things you would not normally have the opportunity to view in detail if the animal was alive that attracts me . None of my photographs are of animals I have injured or harmed and in fact I won't disturb the animal in anyway to enhance composition or any other element because I can't bring myself to touch dead things ...just like looking . This image is a fairly "safe" one to start with in case anyone is offended and to test the waters , any feedback both positive or negative will be most welcome.

tern.jpg

In fact I have images of dead animals as well, some half de-composed already. But I never ever posted any of those and normally I do not show them when doing a presentation. Most are too graphic to 'enjoy'

I've got a couple, one reasent. I'll process and share the newest one for the web and display it.

The bird looks like it was washed thouroughly. Little odd to me.

This was found on a boat ramp after a high tide , hence the somewhat clean look .

That would explain the debris in it.

Here is Mine
Taken with Canon FD 50mm 1.4 on Canon EF, ASA 400
722535_400_018_3.jpg

Poor bastard was murderilated, not sure whether it was cat or another bird but this was definately not just a roll over and die death.

Hey Battou , thanks for joining in , I may post new images to this thread just to keep them in one place from time to time . If anyone else would like to comment or post in this thread then feel free .

I have a couple kickin around someplace. I will see if I can dig them up(no pun intended) and post them. :D

Thanks Chiller !

This is an image I posted on another forum and got hammered for it by a lot of puritanical self righteous posters who had bible quotes in their "signatures" . I blew the highlights on purpose to at least get some feedback on the technical side but they couldn't get past they couldn't get past the content .

thinbunny.jpg

Not the best image, but holy crap this thing stunk like death. Must have been recent, as the eyes were still in there. :er:
IMG_1398_1xx.jpg

birdwa1.jpg

i dont know where the rest of his body was. i only found the head.

Recently found in a public fountain

deadduck.jpg

deadbirds.jpg

My friend was telling me how he was waiting for a bird to get out of the way as he was backing out of his driveway but it wouldn't move, and as he got closer he realized it was standing there with its head completely cut off. I bet that would have been able to make an awesome shot haha.

Most reactions

Back