REAL UFO SIGHTING

Ptyler22

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.harvardpress.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Sorry Just kidding, but it is the moon, and Jupiter is the lower blob and venus is the upper one. I know the shot sucks, 135mm isn't really and adequate astro lens, but I thought you guys might like to see this since it only happens once in a great while that you can see all three together.
Edit sorry I meant Jupiter not Saturn thanks icassell
wow.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for this post. I saw this tonight when I was out driving and was wondering what I was looking at. I figured one was Venus, but didn't know what the other was. Way cool!

I was going to go out and shoot that tonight but it's cloudy in New York

Just looked this up --- correct me if I'm wrong, but it's Venus and Jupiter (not Saturn)

The next Venus-Jupiter conjunction will be March 2012.

Ian

I've never seen the planets aligned like this before- "good" photo or not it pretty darn cool!thanks for sharing!

I got a pic of that also. You cant really see the planets cause the moon was so bright and I exposed the shot for that.

moonandstars.jpg

Much better shot Jklersy, you must have used a tripod. I was sitting in my moms car with my camera out the sunroof, I figured it would be pretty stable since we weren't moving, and it wasn't windy, but it was shaking quite a bit apparently.

When taking picture of a moon, you may not need a tripod as the shutter speed can be fast enough to avoid camera shake.

The moon photo I took last time was using 1/320 shutter speed. Just need to make you you expose the photo as if you are taking it during the day.

I saw those for the past two nights! I was wondering what stars.. I now know they are planets... those were. Great shots guys and thanks.!

I knew you were from mass the second I saw this picture. The moon looked AMAZING last night but I was to lazy to go out and take pics. I saw the same pattern with the 2 dots below it. Not everyday I see that. Damn I wish I took pics now. It looked its best around 5:10pm when it wasn't too dark.

I knew you were from mass the second I saw this picture. The moon looked AMAZING last night but I was to lazy to go out and take pics. I saw the same pattern with the 2 dots below it. Not everyday I see that. Damn I wish I took pics now. It looked its best around 5:10pm when it wasn't too dark.

Yep, it looked great from rt 2, but I didn't have my camera, so I had to wait an hour till I got home. I really wish I had gotten a shot then, cause they were sooooo bright and the sky was still a deep blue.
What town are you from?

I'm pretty embarassed about this pic with my new D90 ( first dslr ), but it was raining out and I hurried.
Not sure how to make it better. I see the darkening of the edges, and the moon is out of focus.

Most reactions

Back