really? (d3)

1wayphoto and broadway photo are one in the same if you didn't know that. That have several website setup under different name though it goes to the same people.

Nikon Zoom Super Wide Angle 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5 G-AFS ED-IF DX Autofocus Lens
Wait, what? Why would they include a DX lens with a D3? 18mm isn't super-wide on a DX/APS-C format and still not on a D3 if it's a DX lens.

Forget these screwballs.

Threads asking about these "too good to be true" prices come up all the time.

Wouldn't it be nice just to sticky something? (searching helps too).
The D3 camera itself goes for $5k....

When in doubt... it is a scam.. new goods and services are rarely that marked down that much... business==making money.

www.resellerratings.com bbb.org networksolutions.com (check the domain registration). If you are willing to take the risk for the cheap price, then you plain just can't afford it.

Last edited:
I still think it's not a complete rip off. What happens if you don't go for the up-spec package?

I'm tempted to order it just to find out.

The plan is that they can always back out of the deal by saying it is on back order....(with the intention of never delivering). If they really worked the victim, they already have a CC number...

Scam might be too harsh a term. They're probably not breaking laws, they might just be an outrageously crappy business that thrives on the few people unfortunate enough to order from them.

I mean, theoretically, if you ordered from them and were satisfied with a japanese version of your camera body with no batteries, chargers, caps or anything else that comes with the camera, and you were willing to do various verbal acrobatics, you might get a great deal... But who's got the patience for that.

The plan is that they can always back out of the deal by saying it is on back order....(with the intention of never delivering). If they really worked the victim, they already have a CC number...

Oh, I see. They just never ship the offered "too good to be true" deal and wait you out. OK. That makes sense. Probably good that I never use a CC for international orders - and we don't have shops like that in Japan. After about the 3rd serious complaint they yank their ability to accept CCs altogether in Japan. And to be able to accept CC in the 1st place they must be on the Tokyo Stock Exchange as a prerequisite. So in Japan if they can accept a CC that's a sign of established stability - unless hey went to the trouble to set up banking overseas or something.

OH Well.. Gone I guess, are the days of 50% price reduction on grey market deals.

. After about the 3rd serious complaint they yank their ability to accept CCs altogether in Japan. And to be able to accept CC in the 1st place they must be on the Tokyo Stock Exchange as a prerequisite. So in Japan if they can accept a CC that's a sign of established stability - unless hey went to the trouble to set up banking overseas or something.

oooOOoooo now that's an interesting way to limit CC scammers...

Scam might be too harsh a term. They're probably not breaking laws, they might just be an outrageously crappy business that thrives on the few people unfortunate enough to order from them.

I mean, theoretically, if you ordered from them and were satisfied with a japanese version of your camera body with no batteries, chargers, caps or anything else that comes with the camera, and you were willing to do various verbal acrobatics, you might get a great deal... But who's got the patience for that.

Perhaps not in the US, in Canada 'Bait and Switch', which is what these clowns are clearly engaging in is illegal.

1wayphoto and broadway photo are one in the same if you didn't know that. That have several website setup under different name though it goes to the same people.

That's what I was thinking, and to think they are still able to advertise themselve. Just take a look a Popular Photographer or Shutter Bug.

Every once in a while, they're in there

~Michael~

Most reactions

New Topics

Back