really raw

Glad you liked it :D, thanks for the comments. I do have a slightly longer exposure but it didn't conform to this thread since it had a bit too much black top and bottom so I cropped, but here's the link if you want to have a look...

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86867

There wasn't much detail in the sky other than pollution so I went with a cleaner look so to say. The one here is still a 15" exposure @ISO100 and f/13.

Wdodd I like the second one too, the moored (if that's the right word) anchor seems more pominent and imposing.

lionsmaller.jpg

Actually taken with a DSC-T1, no post.

dadsmall.jpg

Man I love the first shot there XJ!!!

Well, we lost MysteryScribe's input. He has decided to leave the forum for principled reasons. His humor and valued opinions will be sorely missed.

I urge all of you to message him with support to reconsider his decision.

Its not the same posting in this thread if I can't look forward to his, sometimes immediate, responses.

I thought I would try this out. I even used manual focus & manual settings... even though it was 20d I figured I'd go 'old school' as much as I could. :D

I went out to the garden to see what I could find, looks like I got lucky!(if you don't count the swarms of mosquitoes!!!:grumpy:)

IMG_5363.jpg

Different angle/closer
IMG_5361.jpg

Trying to hide from me... (camera shy maybe?)
IMG_5357.jpg

All I did was crop about 1/8" off of the sides to center the images since the 20d doesn't have a 100% viewable area in the viewfinder.... I really wish it did though.

Tell me what y'all think.

Littleman, great pictures would be curious to see what they looked like in color. I'm assuming the flower is yellow??? Just doesn't have the contrast for a black and white IMHO. But still great work!

PNA: I had already sent mysteryscribe a PM, but decided to email him as he probably wouldn't get the PM if he doesn't come back to the forum. Hope to see him return, it would be a shame if threads like this one didn't have his input anymore.

Retired ship that was turned into a museum and is docked next to the Rock & Roll hall of fame in Cleveland.

W-1.jpg

I have some film versions too that I need to go get developed here one of these days.

Nice ship photo and the way you shot it, it looks like we could just walk up the sidewalk to the ship.

From the first roll I ever shot with an SLR. C41 B+W, drugstore processed, scanned from the print. Vintage effects due only to ineptitude. But still, I kinda like it.

WPGS54L.jpg

I HAVE ENJOYED THIS THREAD VERY MUCH SO I HAVE OPENED ONE JUST LIKE IT ON A FORUM I CREATED.

IF YOU WANT TO CONTINUE THIS THIS KIND OF GALLERY POSTING PLEASE JOIN ME THERE ANYONE IS WELCOME THIS FORUM IS ALL ABOUT IMAGES...

IF YOU CAN LEAVE YOUR EGO AT THE DOOR, COME JOIN ME IN THE POSTING OF IMAGES.

IT IS MORE OR LESS UNMODERATED EXCEPT BY ME AND ALL I CARE ABOUT ARE THE IMAGES.

ANYWAY TAKE A LOOK THERE MIGHT BE A GOOD FIT FOR YOU OR MAYBE NOT.

http://basicphotoforum.bbfast.com/

Most reactions

New Topics

Back