Really... really big prints..

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by jadin, Oct 20, 2004.

1. jadin

jadin The Mad Hatter

So someone asked how much I would charge for a 3'x5' print or even a 6'x10' print. Sounds like they won't buy one, but are more or less curious as to what I would charge.

I found 3'x5' prints for about $120, and the only larger prints just say "call" by them. Anyone know about how much to expect? I hate "call"ing for a price.

And yes I realize I would have to do some interpolating or even multiple exposures to get prints that size of decent quality. But hey, if I can pull it off, I might want a 3'x5' print for my apartment or something. :)

I recently ordered a 1'x3' panoramic of http://webpages.charter.net/jadin/photos/published/640/Dsc_0738_0739_pan2b.jpg this shot. I can't wait to see how that turns out.

TIA

2. Varthlokkur

Varthlokkur TPF Noob!

How much would it cost you? I would think that big I would go $350 and up. Depends on the quality of the picture.

3. green

green TPF Noob!

yes. depends what quality, and of course, whether you want it traditionally processed or done digitally. The lab i often deal with has a wide format printer that prints off spools of paper. (so length is "as long as you want") their maximum width is about 4 feet. they can print on canvas, clay based paper, etc. for anything above the standard sizes they charge per square foot. I think for me a 4'x7' worked out to be about $120.

another option is to go to a poster printing place, they're usually pretty reasonable.

4. Dwain

Dwain TPF Noob!

Back in the 80's, you could get wall paper murals and turn a whole wall of a room into a life size rainforest or beach. I believe they were printed on 8'x2' paper and lined up (sticthed together). I think I still have waterfall behind some paneling.