Really Right Stuff - opinions

edouble

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Anybody own RRS ballhead(s)? I am thinking about picking up a BH-30 LR and L bracket.

Only downside I see is the ultra expensive price tag. Is there a cheaper way to purchase their products other than directly through RRS?

At the moment no, but I know people who do and know of many pros who use there heads. In my opinion no other brand even comes close. They are outstanding in every way. Though pricey there well worth it. I will be getting a BH 55 head and cant wait for the tripod though Ill need to save a bit first. Good buy Induro and Gitzo

I am going with a sub $200 tripod (heavy and sturdy). IMO the head is the main control point in the setup.

Now if someone would just buy my Tokina lens!

I have the BH-55 and love it. I can not imagine ever having to upgrade from it. You don't say what sub $200 legs you are talking about, but keep in mind that the legs are just as important and probably more important than the head. You have to have a stable base to support and get any real advantage from a quality head.

I have the BH-55 and love it. I can not imagine ever having to upgrade from it. You don't say what sub $200 legs you are talking about, but keep in mind that the legs are just as important and probably more important than the head. You have to have a stable base to support and get any real advantage from a quality head.

Cullmann Magnesit 532, not bad for the price. The tripod weights 5.5 lbs and I can hang my bag from it for added stability.

Most reactions

Back