Rebel 2000 to Rebel T3i lens compatibility?

Animaniac888

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Would a pair of lenses compatible with the Rebel 2000 be compatible with the Rebel T3i? My dad is thinking about buying the T3i, but wants to know about the compatibility of the lenses.

Yes, EF mount lenses work on both camera's.
Effective focal length of the lens will change on the T3i (about 1.6x larger).

Hi, sorry to reopen an older thread.

I have a 2000 rebel as well, and two lenses, and while they fit my new T3i, the camera is having a heck of a time focusing the lenses. Even if I get it close with it manually, it still can't seem to figure out where the focal point is. Is there something I'm missing, or is this just a way for canon to try to make additional money off of me? Strangely, the problem is worse when I use the digital screen versus the viewfinder/eyepiece... any thoughts, hints or tips would be greatly appreciated!

On the T3i (well, for most DSLR's that I'm aware of) the live view always screws up focusing for some reason. The only thing I can imagine is if one element is slightly misaligned, it could mess up focusing. Can you get perfect focus manually?

I can focus it perfectly by hand. If the subject is a few feet away, I can get the camera to focus it, despite the strange noises it makes... really don't get what the deal is!

Most reactions

Back