Rebel XT or 20D?

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by xaq, May 5, 2007.

1. xaq

xaq TPF Noob!

I can't decide! Help!

2. Tara P

Tara P TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I own a 20D, I like it! It's concider a semi-pro Camera. So if you pretty new at Photography I'd try it first and then maybe buy the Rebel as a back up camera. :D

3. MPowerM3

MPowerM3 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I like my Xt, but am looking for a deal on a 20D, cause my skills are going and I want the nine point AF (plus 5 fps is nicer for my rolling shots). But Im not going to go crazy as the 20d and Xt are very similar in terms of crop factor, sensor, and MP. So, who knows. I've seen pictures from both with the same lens, and they look the same.

4. :roll:

Fine, so you haven't run a search to see the threads of the dozens of other people who ask a similar question every week.

Basic answer, as always: go down to your local box retailer, hold both, see the differences for yourself.

Would you mind at least letting us know what you're using it for? Shooting sports? Landscape? Going to Iraq?

5. DSLR noob

DSLR noob TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I want a 20D but my pictures would look the same. 20D will just be easier to use.

also: (this isn't a very good point for decision, well some people actually care) but as a 17 year old. all my friends look at my camera or hold it and say "wow, it's big" or "woah it's heavy" and my XT is like one of the SMALLEST DSLRs out there. I almost want to wow them more with a metal 20D with a battery grip but that's just an ego thing. "My camera is bigger than yours."

6. xaq

xaq TPF Noob!

Thanks a lot to everyone who was helpful! and no thanks to jerky know-it-all dude.....I am going to go with a 20D!

7. shorty6049

shorty6049 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    well he does have a point though... the main thing is, when i see a post with that title, i start thinking that its the same post that someone else posted maybe two days ago or something, and i wont even read it. So , you're probably more likely to find more, and better answers by searching. also a nice website to compare cameras at is stevesdigicams.com