REBEL XT's ARE IN

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by Nikon Fan, Mar 12, 2005.

1. Nikon Fan

Nikon Fan TPF Noob!

but sadly only in the silver version with kits only :( I saw them at Best Buy this afternoon, and went to the photo store where I ordered mine to see if they had them, but they said only the silver with kits were available. For some strange reason the others aren't coming out for a few more weeks :( Hopefully within the next two at least!!!! Anyway thought I would pass along the great news. I was able to play with the one they had in the photo store and now I want it eve more. It's a lot smaller and lighter than the drebel...but from what I can tell I'm going to love it!!!

2. Nikon Fan

Nikon Fan TPF Noob!

Just checked and BandH have all of them in stock but the black body only...which is what I ordered :( Anyway ebay also has them all listed including just the black body only...so chances are they will hopefully have all of them everywhere very soon!!!

3. Nytmair

Nytmair TPF Noob!

I'm gunna have to wait a month or so probably until I get one.... so make sure to post pics and your throughts whenever you get yours :)

4. Aoide

Aoide TPF Noob!

Ditto on this except for me maybe add another month or two. You can break it in for us Amanda!

5. John E.

John E. TPF Noob!

Thanks for the heads up

I am waiting to see what the noise levels are at 1600 iso. If it's the same as or close to the 20D I will probably buy one. I have seen a couple of examples but I didn't like the samples shown.

I have also read where the kit lense is awfull, so if I buy one it will be only the body. No sense in getting a decent quality camera and a crappy lense, it would be similar to buying a good computer for the internet and using a dialup service.

I think I will get the sigma 18-125mm zoom as my first lense, the reviews have been mostly positive and the lense covers a huge range. The price is very good, I will also get the 50mm lense.

Like Nytmair and Aoide I am going to wait a little while, mainly because manufacturers have a hard time to get the first production run right without any bugs.

6. hobbes28

hobbes28 Incredible Supporting Member

The black body is standard as far as I know with the XT. DP Reveiw did a preview on it already so you can see what it's all about.

7. LizM

LizM TPF Noob!

Check out the Tamron 28-300 if you are looking for a good lens instead of the one that comes with the kit. That way you aren't changing lenses so often which lowers the risk of getting anything on the sensor.

8. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I doubt that the Tamron 28-300 is any sharper than the kit lens. For only $100, the kit lenses are a pretty good deal. IMO

9. Digital Matt

Digital Matt alter ego: Analog Matt

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Sharper or not, the Tamron lens doesn't get near as wide as the kit lens. It's just not a substitute if you shoot wide angle landscapes.

10. Nikon Fan

Nikon Fan TPF Noob!

From mesing around with the camera in the store, the kit lens didn't seem to awful to me...but then again that's what I am used to shooting with is a kit lens.

The guy in the store said they released the silver first b/c women are more likely to buy them, but that didn't make much sense to me. You'd think they'd want to release all them at once to make as much $$$ as possible...

11. mentos_007

mentos_007 The Freshmaker!

Photos OK to edit
    damn damn damn... xt is amazing.. and I'll be still working with my fuji s5000 :( ehhh

12. John E.

John E. TPF Noob!