Recent Baby Sesion

SpeedTrap

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.lightart.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here are some recent ones, C&C Always welcome.
She is just Under 6 weeks old

1)
10904-1small.jpg

2)
10904-8small.jpg

3)
10904-3small.jpg

4)
10904-14small.jpg

5)
10904-15small.jpg

I like your posing and framing and cropping. Your color tone just seems weird to me though. Did you process them that way on purpose? I think they look a little too dull. How do they looked with the contrast and saturation boosted? The eyes also seem a little dark and glassy in most of them...they need some catchlights. I'm not sure how to add that in post processing, but I know it can be done.

#1- I like the idea of this but you should clone out the black over the baby's shoulder and maybe shoose a better angle.

2-I also like except the baby looks like it is falling. (although that could just be me!)

#3-I alright but a little unimaginitive. It looks like something parents could have taken themselves.

#4-I'm gonna be honest and say that the baby looks dead, there is something very very weird about this pp Although, I like the setup of the shot, including the picture of the parents is cool

#5-Same advice as in #1

All that being said, babies are the hardest things to shoot (IMO) and the best thing you can do is to keep trying. I never shoot babies this age, they are useless. (I don't mean that in a bad way but they are too old to sleep through the session and to young to sit up by themselves and play) Don't give up and just keep trying.

I dont think the baby looks dead in #4, but you could warm up the skin tone a little. It seems like the baby is in the center and maybe could be cropped. I like that one though. I dont like the towels ... at all. I like 1 if you could get rid of the towel look and warm up the skin a tiny bit. I like the idea of 3 but thing a differnet angle would be better next time

I like what you have done with the towels and rubber duck. The two versions are certainly different but both have merit. I'd like to see specular catch lights in the eyes though.

Nice lighting and exposure on #2 but the baby isn't cooperating...not much you can do at that age.

I like the tones in #3 but I don't think we need that much of the chair.

I like the feel that you have going on in #4. The color (or lack there of) is pretty cool and the lighting is really nice. I love that there is a photo of the parents on the table...but there is a tissue in front of it. Take the tissue box off and move the photo a bit, and you have a real winning shot.

i like them, they feel soft which is appropriate with a baby...man what a widows peak on him!

Are some of these HDR? I get a strange tonal quality. I like it in the last one, but not in #4.

I don't know why...but that shot make me think of "Attack of the 50 foot Baby" :lol:

I like this 2nd edit better than the first version.

I really like these. The composition/crop on #3 is a bit "meh" but then i look at it again, and i can see why you like it....

I love the colour tone on these and will go agains the grain saying it works really well on #4 although, the baby does need a little more colour in her cheeks.

#1 is a definate winner for me, but i cant help regret that there are not catch lights :(

Most reactions

New Topics

Back