recent bride 'detail' photo

thebeginning

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.danielcolvinphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
you either love it or hate it, apparently. at least that's what i've gathered from the other two forums i've posted this on... :)

let me know what you think:

IMG_7076-Edit-smbw2.jpg

EDIT:

original:http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a32...-Edit-2-sm.jpg[IMG][/URL]
[IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a32...-Edit-2-sm.jpg

very nice! Great shot, Stands out with the border.

I love the composition and tone.

I hate the noise.

Very elegant.
Love the noise/grain (sorry Sw1tchFX)

I kind of vaguely wish there was some highlight detail in her mid-lashes to pull out, but, you can't ask for too much right?!

Love the tone AND the noise...I'm a big fan of grainy b&w if done right. The only nitpick I have is that I wish that either more or less of her nose were cropped out. I find myself wanting to see the entire nose or wanted a tighter crop in that area. Beautiful shot regardless.

At first I was bothered by the crop of her nose. I am ashamed to say this, but after seeing the original, I like the crop much better. Sometimes cutting away adds to an image. Good work.

I hope you are going to show the original as well - unless she is self conscious about her nose (she has no reason to be though!) it is a lovely lovely image.

I hope you are going to show the original as well - unless she is self conscious about her nose (she has no reason to be though!) it is a lovely lovely image.

no i definitely am...whenever i try something majorly different than the original I still include the original unless it looks horrible or something.

Love it.

Although if I wanted to make a change, I would not have the black border so large, and I could do without the noise. But its not bad at all.

Curious though, is there a reason why you cut off the nose, mouth, and chin?

NJ

I love it, too.
I think the crop bring the focus right to the eyes and I don't mind the noise at all. For some reason I think this looks like a picture of a 50's starlet. Very cool.

Most reactions

Back