I am Big, I am Mike
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mikehodson.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I will be shooting their wedding in a a few weeks.
C&C welcome.

N&M-web-01.jpg

N&M-web-02.jpg

N&M-web-03.jpg

N&M-web-04.jpg

N&M-web-06.jpg

N&M-web-07.jpg

Thanks. On #3, I started with a LR preset called 'Matt's surreal edgy effect' (from Matt K. (Lightroom Killer Tips)), and made a few tweaks from there.

Mike,

For some reason, these seem very awkward to me. Also, the white balance on the color photos feels/looks cool to me.

This might be a bit beyond the scope of a typical session, but did you get any soft of vibe that the couple was having any sort of personal problem at the time of the session?

For some reason, these seem very awkward to me. Also, the white balance on the color photos feels/looks cool to me.

This might be a bit beyond the scope of a typical session, but did you get any soft of vibe that the couple was having any sort of personal problem at the time of the session?
I can say that he's not the most comfortable-in-front-of-a-camera person I've ever photographed, but I don't think they are that awkward. I can certainly take most of the blame for the posing though. I only gave them minor direction in terms of posing and it's the photographer's job to help 'loosen them up' and make them comfortable during the shoot. That was actually the idea behind the tank shot, it's to help make the session fun and get them involved etc.

The colors are a bit cool, and that's on purpose. His skin is rather red & blotchy, and while I did do some retouching, I didn't want to go overboard with it. Taking a lot of the red out, really helped his skin, without hurting the rest of the image (besides the cool color tone).

I think you are inferring way too much by suggesting they are having problems. They seemed to me, to be very much in love. I did get the feeling that they are not much for PDAs (Public Display of Affection) and of course, they are not 18 year old H.S. sweethearts. This was the 2nd time I've met the groom, and he was a fair bit more comfortable this time.

Nice series, Mike (from "Jane Public", as I'm just an amateur/hobby photographer). My faves are the last 3, although I also like the 'fun' pic with the tractor. The silhouette shot is my overall fave, followed by the last one as they look more comfortable/natural in that one, and I like the strong coloured background.

I think you are inferring way too much by suggesting they are having problems. They seemed to me, to be very much in love. I did get the feeling that they are not much for PDAs (Public Display of Affection) and of course, they are not 18 year old H.S. sweethearts. This was the 2nd time I've met the groom, and he was a fair bit more comfortable this time.

Mike,

I apologize if I dug too deep. I didn't mean any disrespect. Care to share more from the session?

Nice photos! I like them.

They are some nice pics. I love the one with the tank that one made me laugh

Most reactions

Back