Recent Maternity Pictures..C&C Please!

DavidSR

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys,
I just took some maternity pictures a few days ago and these were the best of the bunch. Please let me know how I did on composition and how the pp is. I'm going to add a few different versions of the pictures so you guys can let me know which pp is the best.
My larger images of my maternity set can be viewed at Maternity - a set on Flickr for those who are interested. That set also includes some of my older maternity shots.
Thank you!!
3706077812_c489445260.jpg

1a.
3705276993_cd4b09c8d0.jpg

1b.
3705266131_b38847bff4.jpg

3706089924_66450dcb01.jpg

3706130836_b1604a4ea1.jpg

3a.
3706130852_a50c621669.jpg

The first I think is your best composition, however I think they all lack a bit of umpfh.

1A.) You followed the rule of thirds for the first one which is good, and the color is ok, however it does look a bit over exposed and shooting at a character on a white couch with a white wall is a bit tough, it doesn't show much depth to the picture. Very Flat. However the blue dress is kinda nice. Also there is some sort of white splotches on the wall as well.

1B.) the Black and white is not bad, good contrast to seperate the colors. however you can tell that a flash was used because in the middle of the shot, it is over exposed. You need to spread your light more evenly throughout your picture to make the flash less noticable.

2.) With the angle you used here, and the floral patter dress, you can hardly tell that the women is pregnant. The angle and the flash cancel out the shadows that the large stomach (sorry she is beautiful, not fat) would be casting on her legs.

3.) Now for the last one which I think is more funny then sensual. If it were not for the smooth legs, I could have sworn that it was beer belly. The type of shirt used is more manlyish then feminish. With this composition and your model wearing that shirt i might have tried and getting a different angle. Or loosing the shirt and having here hold her Breasts with her left arm and her right hand just peaking over the stomch on the right side. with that composition you could do a full shot with her legs proped in a nice fashion.

That's just my two cents :)

How far is she?

DHWJR

Most reactions

Back