Recent Pictures

HaydenS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Recent pictures of my girlfriend because I just got photoshop and was playing around:

2259469832_49734bd54e_b.jpg

And yes I know I messed up the blur on this one...

2258607685_d993131c81_b.jpg

the hair across her cheek in the first one is bugging me.
the 2nd one makes me tilt my head. maybe its because i cant see the photo on this monitor all at the same time..
i feel like the shirt is too bright and the halo bothers me too.

the lighting in the 2nd one is best. in the first one the skin color is a little red by her forehead.

she is totally cute! nice job :)
the 2nd is my favorite

how can you say no to that face in the first pic?
glad she isnt my gf......i would go broke buying her everything she wanted :)

clone out the hair across her cheek in the first one and itll be perfect. feel bad for ya man is it possible to say no to her? haha very pretty girlfriend and good shots

hahahaha yea it's damn hard to say no but she's really down to earth so it's not really a problem.

I think she was pouting because I told her I had to get some work done :lol:

But yea - I can't figure out how to get rid of the halo while still maintaining a decent image because it makes the transition from gaussean blur to her WAY too sharp and it looks hideous.

Any tips? (or do you guys even know what i'm talking about?...I don't know how to articulate my problem very well)

no idea what your talking about man sorry

Well when you select what you want to blur, and then blur it, and then deselect all it looks WAYYYYYYY TOO artificial. Like...I had a background, and then copy/pasted her onto that background. It's a sort of... "jump" if you will from what I want to be the foreground and the background that's made by the gaussean blur.

Understand?

Forgot to mention the best part...

she jsut got into photography now too and just bought a 40D.

but nikon > canon :(

hahaha

Well when you select what you want to blur, and then blur it, and then deselect all it looks WAYYYYYYY TOO artificial. Like...I had a background, and then copy/pasted her onto that background. It's a sort of... "jump" if you will from what I want to be the foreground and the background that's made by the gaussean blur.

Understand?

Well I'm no expert but...
I absolutly hate selecting anything.
I always make a new layer..
Apply whatever change I want..
And then blend the layers back togeather..
It is a lot slower sometimes but it let's you have so much more control...
If I have a tricky halo then I just zoom in and deal with it.

what are you trying to blur? when blurring you've really got to make your brush soft (step down the hardness) and go easy, feathering it by using different opacities. using layers is a big help.

Number two is my favourite of the two, nice natural and simple expression.

First one seems too 'unnatural' and too 'staged'.

David

Most reactions

Back