TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.avapadgett.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Be kind. :lol:

_MG_1664.jpg

I had trouble with this one because the baby started waking up and I couldn't get her with both eyes closed...
_MG_1699-1.jpg

_MG_1643-1.jpg

_MG_1677-2.jpg

_MG_1726.jpg

_MG_1682-1.jpg

These are just a few of the ones that they really liked and bought...

Thanks and I know, daddy participation is my favorite!! He was just so willing and eager. It's great. He was the same way during the maternity portraits, just willing to try whatever.

"STUNNING" is the word!
Oh, how I love to see that the parents were ok with their precious little one to be totally in the nude for these!

The very last time I had the faint chance to photograph an infant this tiny was when my friend had her last one in January, but she would never have totally undressed her for me for fear of the little one catching a cold or whatever...

I love each and every one of these, and the silhouette one is ever so impressive in as it makes you look twice before you get it! Like that optical illusion photo of the vase/two people, you know which one I mean?

And boy, those tiny tiny feet!
They are blessed not only with this little one but also with your photography of her, for you FORGET how tiny they once were when they have grown to 18 and 14 (for example <- my example).

And I do like the second one shown here, with her eyes just this tiny bit open, sleepy as newborns are, but already curious, and I like the tenderness and warmth and love that is being expressed in both, daddy and daughter, being in the nude. Very nice. Very soft. Lovely.

I love #2, and #4, great shots

My brother is expecting a baby in a few weeks and I'd love to do this for them. Can you tell me a little about how you did it? What backdrop did you use? What kind of lighting?

They are beautiful!

Thank you LaFoto! I agree, before they know it she'll be 25 and getting married and starting her own family. Not much fear of catching cold in summer here, I mean it's hot. :lol: The baby was in nothing but a onesie before we stripped her down. The only fear those parents had was the one that came true, her peeing everywhere hahaha. I had to wash all of my stuff because she peed all over it, but that's a risk I knew I was taking ;)

Thank you Hudson!

Roxysmom, what kind of lighting equipment do you have? I actually don't have a black backdrop and so since I wanted black for their maternity shoot I went and picked up a california king size sheet as a last minute, I have no money alternative. I then used the same black sheet for the newborn shots 3 weeks later. Then for the silhouette, which I did very last, I used my white muslin and moved the hairlight so it was backlighting them. The baby was 13 days old. She was only 6lbs, so very very tiny.

Christiephoto, that one is my favorite too.

I like the sheet idea! I'll have to copy that one.

I'm VERY new so I don't have any lighting equipment other than a shoeflash and a flash bracket. I'm using a Nikon D80.

Oh ok. Well, I used a whole studio set up. :lol: There are some things you can do, but you wouldn't quite get the same effect because I use a 3 light setup. Hmm...

I love the second one. I think her eye being opened looks cute. :)

Most reactions

Back