Recent shoot, toddler and preschooler

Lacey Anne

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.laceyanne.photoreflect.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I know I've been MIA. I've been out of town and I'm moving. Bad combo for keeping up on boards.;) I did this shoot right before I went out of town for my first trip. Love, love, love these kids' eyes! C&C is always appreciated!

DSC_0002-1.jpg

DSC_00521.jpg

DSC_0024-2.jpg

DSC_0132.jpg

This shoot was challenging for me because mom dressed the kids in (wait for it!) a tinker bell shirt for the girl and a transformer's shirt for the boy.:meh: Why??? Plus, she kept telling the boy, "Say cheese!" I was like, please stop! His eyes disappear when he says cheese! lol! Anyway, it was fun and stretching.:lol:

Mebbe it's my monitor, but all of these look slightly over-exposed, and slightly soft...

Cute kids. I get frustrated with Moms too trying to get their kids to pose too and they look at them instead of ME.

They seem a little soft to me too, and I'm in a dark room at the moment, but the 2nd seems too warm and the 3rd is too cool (blue)? They also look noisy so that maybe they were underexposed in the original or a high ISO?

I don't know... I agree tire that the first one looks over exposed and soft, but the second one looks good to me. (although the arms look a bit red).

I do like the childs expression in number two.

I maintain that photobucket really messes with sharpness of photos. These do look soft here but they do not on my high-res versions. I pushed the exposure in photoshop for the first one. It's something I've been expiramenting with. I like it, personally, but maybe it's not for everyone... Thanks for the C&C guys, I appreciate it.

Oh, Lyncca, there is a lot of noise on the last one. I was shooting inside using a small window to get the lighting effect and had to crank up the ISO. I hate the way Nikon handles high ISO. :(

Oh, Lyncca, there is a lot of noise on the last one. I was shooting inside using a small window to get the lighting effect and had to crank up the ISO. I hate the way Nikon handles high ISO. :(

Tell me about it. I refuse to move off of ISO200. They say the D300 works great at over 1600, so as soon as I can shell out $1700 for a new body, I will be set! :lol:

Tell me about it. I refuse to move off of ISO200. They say the D300 works great at over 1600, so as soon as I can shell out $1700 for a new body, I will be set! :lol:
Haha, you and me both! I've been lusting after it for a while now! I'm hoping that very, very soon (maybe a few months?) it will be MINE!

Haha, you and me both! I've been lusting after it for a while now! I'm hoping that very, very soon (maybe a few months?) it will be MINE!

Yea, me too. With the D700 coming out, the prices should drop a bit. That, or pick up a used one from someone that is upgrading...

Cute. Love the last one.

The last one (#4) is a very nice shot indeed. The lighting combined with the eyes are very compelling and attention-grabbing. The boy's expression and eyes are wonderful compared to #3, which must have been a "cheese" photo.

The others look a tad overexposed and rob the image of some detail. Then again as you point out, the photobucket conversion may have softened it some.

Most reactions

Back