Recent Shoot with noella (C&C welcome)

SkWeEkiE

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.abrownphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone, i haven't been on here in a while but have a few shots that need some good C&C.

This is my friend from math class, and she's never taken any form of glamour shots or anything of that nature. She was actually very comfortable and easy to pose, and she came up with many poses herself!

Oh, and the sheet were purchased 5 min. prior to the shoot, so they were all wrinkled, and they are satin so easily reflect the light...

Please feel free to comment and enjoy!

1.jpg

2.jpg

17.jpg

9.jpg

17.jpg

I don't see the pictures.

Edit: I checked your website. Are the pictures from this thread on there? If so I think I know which ones they are. You have some really nice shots, but some others are just okay.

Nice work, I like them.

One thing to watch...is loosing the hair in the background. #2 is good (did you use a 2nd light?)...but in the others...her hair is completely lost.

These are all great, but I especially like number 2. Good work!

But like Mike said, in a couple of them the hair blends with the background. If available, try putting a flash somewhere behind the subject to creat a rimlight to make her hair stand out.

Thanks for viewing and the comments everyone!

These WERE taken with the Kit lens

And i know i am in need of a hair light, and should be getting one for Christmas ;)

Again, Thanks!!

Hai Skweekie,
Fine portraits. Yeah, true that she looks relaxed and comfortable. #1 and #2 are very fine, except that her torso should not have been pushed outside. That actually spoiled the glamour of the image. The hair details in the #2 are very fine. Best of luck in your future works.

ravikiran said:
Hai Skweekie,
Fine portraits. Yeah, true that she looks relaxed and comfortable. #1 and #2 are very fine, except that her torso should not have been pushed outside. That actually spoiled the glamour of the image. The hair details in the #2 are very fine. Best of luck in your future works.
Thanks very much!! I'll keep practicing!

The 'ridged bra' is distorting her figure. It puts curved lines where they shouldn't be.

I love the light. The model is also very comfotrable

What's the setup you used? Math glamour - LOL

DocFrankenstein said:
I love the light. The model is also very comfotrable

What's the setup you used? Math glamour - LOL
Math glamour???

I just have two 110watt studio strobes that i placed in different locations throughout the shoot, and thats it :)

SkWeEkiE said:
Math glamour???
The girl's from math class and it's kinda a glamour portrait.

I just have two 110watt studio strobes that i placed in different locations throughout the shoot, and thats it :)
I see. Usually the lighting setup is stuff like "what kind of lighting modifier did you use? and where did you position it?"

Did you shoot with an umbrella or a softbox? How big was it?

Thanks

DocFrankenstein said:
The girl's from math class and it's kinda a glamour portrait.

I see. Usually the lighting setup is stuff like "what kind of lighting modifier did you use? and where did you position it?"

Did you shoot with an umbrella or a softbox? How big was it?

Thanks
OIC IC!!!

Two 18" umbrellas, and about the positioning.... i am not sure because i moved the lights around so much! I'll be getting two more for Christmas i hope! (hair light and another for more accuracy)

Your speaking to an extreme newbie here, so... what exactly is a lighing modifier?? a reflector or the actual umbrella??

Most reactions

Back