TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
4414541794_5b2926fb5c.jpg

4413776209_67df6ebf31.jpg

4414540456_303b815c3b.jpg

4414539848_00dc01b00b.jpg

So many views and no comments? I hate to see my own thread go that way so here we go.
1. I like this for some reason. The vast brick wall with a lone figure makes. Seems unique. Great exposure. Maybe through PP you can make the guy pop out a bit more.
2. This would have been a lot better if I could really see the guys face. My eye keeps wandering that way to discern his facial expression but I get nothing.
3. This may have been a good idea in the beginning but I think there's just too much going on in the scene. What's that sign say in the back? What's the van doing there? What kind of junk is that in the foreground?
4. Could have been the best had we seen the face.

Overall I like them. If I was rating on a scale of 1-5 I would say a 3.5 :thumbup:

Thanks for the CC

1. There is some dodge/burn to make him pop a little more but i guess i could have done more. I like the simple feel and leading lines.

2. It looks a little better bigger but i see what you mean

3. Agree about how busy the scene is, but i do like this one better then the last photo i took there

3658059551_729a25e5a0.jpg

4. Yeah i shot a few where you could see the face but there were multiple other things ruining it =/

I like that last one as well. Just wish the wall would have been a solid color. I like the shadow from the guy. It just falls away a bit in the darker areas of the wall.

What gear were you shooting with and what was your setup?

It's the same thing as sports.....without faces, it's boring. You've got the action part down pat, you just need to get closer.

nice fisheye. what kind of camera/lens are you using?

I like the first picture. very simple and non-traditional of bmx photos (alot of fisheyes). Almost looks as if the wall is the ground

Thanks guys.

Definetly understand the faces aspect. Its a little harder with bmx then say soccer. becuase the arms on the handle bars and the variations of tricks

Camera was a Gripped D90
Long shots were with the 35mm 1.8 and the fisheyes were with the 10.5mm 2.8
Lighting was 2 SB-28s fired with Cybersyncs
Lightroom

I love the 4th picture, awesome! I don't really feel like I have to see his face, and you can see part of it anyway. The pose is great and the backlighting really works. Great shot!

Bekah

Most reactions

Back