Recent Wedding, (10 pics)

THORHAMMER

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Sometimes things dont go as planned, so its good to be able to work quickly...
They didnt actually end up doing the walk until 1 1/2 hour late... lol
the sun was leaving us , I had enormous cliff sized shadows to work with and my position wasnt close enough to bear the flash down 70 feet... lol

I had to improvise quickly, and afterwards I had to get them to a spot where a few posed pics would look too deer in the headlights... we actually had to run to the west most parapet of the hotel... barely made it.. whooosh

have to know exactly how much to fill on the spot ..... No re-takes when the sun is literally going away... lol.... its was fun !!! I love the challenge

Its now 8 pics, I took out 2 that I really wasnt happy with, that when I posted I was... lol

hsiaweddingforum1.jpg

hsiaweddingforum2.jpg

hsiaweddingforum3.jpg

hsiaweddingforum4.jpg

hsiaweddingforum5.jpg

hsiaweddingforum7.jpg

hsiaweddingforum9.jpg

hsiaweddingforum10.jpg

hsiaweddingforum11.jpg

I think i'm actually addicted to the challenge that weddings provide. Kinda like a war photographer in a happy beautiful way. Now your photos.....Looked like they were having fun. Your candids and action photos look to be your strength.To be brutally honest about your posed photos...The posing lacks proper spacing in #8, Plus the trashcan sorta screws it up...You could spend some time cloning it out if you really wanted to. Bridesmades are all packed in and the groomsmen all spread out. Its kinda your rack em up and snap it photo...I always have a hard time doing something interesting with bridal parties. #9 seems to dwarf the bride and groom...not sure what to do about that for the set up though.

Overall sounded like a fun day with some challenges to boot.

Thanks for the compliments ,

yeah, I agree with you. That happens when their over an hour behind THEIR schedule. everything gets racked and snapped !!!!:D

I had some good places north side of the building with foilage as a backdrop, they didnt want to walk around (60 second walk.)
and told through cell phone to just run up to them cause there was a "cool" backdrop there which was what you see...
Nothing really I could do, Kindy upset me a little, but hey , its their money if they want rushed snaps thats what they get.

But, thankfullly they love them and they think they couldnt be any better... lol a little more prep on their end would of allowed me to work my magic, oh well.....I guess thats all part of the game.

What do you guys do when this happens?

I do just what you did....do what you can. As long as they are happy thats all that matter, right :lmao: Your photos from your webpage show a lot more of your "magic".

I'm really drawn to 9 for some reason :) Makes my eye move, which is a good sign.

i like 11 the best, i want to see it wider!!!! thats good though, because its interesting to me to see that guy on the lefts facial expression, the kiss, and that extra hand with the glass in it.

it makes me want to be in the room and look around. Nice capture

Looks like you did a good job in a tight spot...that's the real job of a wedding photographer anyway, isn't it? :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back