I am Big, I am Mike
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mikehodson.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These are from my first official shoot as Timeless Treasures Photography.

This couple are friends of mine, they hired us for the shoot.
May27-028-Email.jpg

This is the Bride & Groom.
May27-030-Email.jpg

May27-031-Email.jpg

Sisters
May27-033-Email.jpg

Nice... #4 is my fav from the series.
I also like #2. But you've burned the b/ground a bit too much for my taste than the other three.

Timeless Treasures Photography - Is it your new venture?

Thanks for the comments.

Dan...actually, #2 has the least amount of burning. The background of that one was pretty dark to start with. If I remember correctly, I only burned in highlight mode on that shot. What do you think of the burning on the others?

Yes, that is the name of my little venture. It's pretty causal so far but I hope to get a good start this year and be busy next season.

Big Mike said:
What do you think of the burning on the others?
Apart from a heavy hand on top right of #4, I really liked 3 and 4. Works well with the bokeh.

Yes, that is the name of my little venture. It's pretty causal so far but I hope to get a good start this year and be busy next season.
Have you finalized on the name? A google search yielded a bunch of companies with the same name.
Anyways, good luck with the new business. :thumbup:

They look great Mike!! I cant pick a favorite because they all are very nice..

Very nice series, Mike! Great use of the lighting and I like your posing, that is something I sruggle with and you make it look so easy. I look forward to seeing more of your wedding work!

Way to go, Mike! Posing the people is a tricky task for wedding shots, but you did it very well! I especially like how you posed the people by the tree.

Dan, we did a search and didn't find that name in Edmonton and I don't think there was anything in Alberta either. I'm not sure what the boundaries are for company names. Obviously it's a common name but we think it sounds good and appeals to women. We have not registered yet, so there is always time to change it.

Thank you, especially Dan, Alison, Pete and Cindy...I admire your work so much and your comments are greatly appreciated. The thing I was most worried about was the posing and I was going to rely on my partner who has a Photography education and some experience...but when the time came, posing them seemed very natural for me. These shots are probably the best ones, a lot of the other ones are a bit more static looking though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back